Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent Purchases

• 10-03-2008 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Its been quiet in here recently so I just thought i'd try inject some life into the old beast.

Whats the latest horror movie winging its way to you at the moment ?

I told myself at christmas that I wouldnt buy any new DVD's until I watched the backlog I have at home first. I broke that last week and gave the poor credit card a battering. So with thanks to Bargain alerts on boards somewhere on the way to me is -

Aliens Quadrology
    Omen Pentology
    Plant of The Apes Collection (arguably not horror I guess)
    The Vengance Trilogy
    Special Dead
    Gingerdead Man
    Ice Cream Man
    Satans Little Helper

Anyone else care to share and help me ease my mind that i'm not the only one with a slight addiction ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ha ha ha.You arent the only only one that has a slightly worrying addiction to buying horror.

My most recent purchases have been.

Alien Quadrilogy(gotta love HMV sales :D )
    Alien Contamination.
    The Mondo Cane 8 disc limited edition boxset from Blue Underground.
    Men Behind The Sun 4 disc limited edition boxset.

Alien Quadrilogy everyone knows about.

Alien Contamination is a fun little alien splatter movie from the early 80s.
    Cheesy as hell but there is some pretty damn good SFX in it.I can only imagine it being remade nowadays.Crap CGI a go-go.

Mondo Cane set
    Am waiting on this to be delivered and its not a horror series though they are horrific.There are very few movies that can lay claim to the fact that they spawned and named an entire genre but Mondo Cane and its sequels can.The movies were a massive influence from Cannibal Holocaust to Faces of Death to modern day reality TV,without M.C. arguably none of these would be in existence.Cant wait to see em.

Men Behind The Sun boxset
    Based on Japans notorious Unit 731 these movies document human suffering and the lenghts the Japanese went to for the good of the empire.Tough to watch in places especially because there is real footage interspersed with the filmed stuff.Gory and nasty but no true horror afficinado should be without em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

c - 13 wrote: »
    Its been quiet in here recently so I just thought i'd try inject some life into the old beast.

Whats the latest horror movie winging its way to you at the moment ?

I told myself at christmas that I wouldnt buy any new DVD's until I watched the backlog I have at home first. I broke that last week and gave the poor credit card a battering. So with thanks to Bargain alerts on boards somewhere on the way to me is -

Aliens Quadrology
    Omen Pentology
    Plant of The Apes Collection (arguably not horror I guess)
    The Vengance Trilogy
    Special Dead
    Gingerdead Man
    Ice Cream Man
    Satans Little Helper

Anyone else care to share and help me ease my mind that i'm not the only one with a slight addiction ?

You have no problem my friend. I am always looking and always buying. In fact people buy for me such is my insatiable demand for decent product.

Most recent purchase has been, "Prophecy", Directed by John Frankenheimer and the Amityville remake. zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Gingerdead Man

I hope you preordered your copy of Gingerbread Man 2: Passion of the Crust.

I have'nt really picked up any horror films the past wee, though I did get the Eye 2 and Vampires: Los Muertos today. Have to get my hands on the Eye Infinity and Vampires: The Turning to complete my collections of both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Have been looking into it alright, with a title like that you'd have to buy it, havent seen anywhere taking preorders yet though :)

EDIT: Poster Lulz

Oh and i'm now blaming nedtheshed because i've bought a copy of the Men Behind the Sun boxset thanks to his short review there ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Oh man, Gingerdead man....have to find that.

Satan's little helper is a strange movie....

Sadly I do not purchase movies at all anymore, relying solely on rental and such.

Is Alien Contamination that one that has some of the same cast that were in a lot of those 70's Italian zombie films? Always meant to watch that, but could never find it....comes highly recommended as a bit of mindless gorefest.

Is the Masters of Horror Episode about the Ice Cream man based on that movie - premise sounds almost the same, as does the tagline...

• Advertisement

Is Alien Contamination that one that has some of the same cast that were in a lot of those 70's Italian zombie films? Always meant to watch that, but could never find it....comes highly recommended as a bit of mindless gorefest.

Thats the one alright.Its readily available on ebay for about 7 or 8 euro incl delivery.
    Its very cheesey but the special effects are very splattery and look pretty cool considering its almost 30 years old.
    Highly recommended if you cna pick it up cheaply.

Oh and i'm now blaming nedtheshed because i've bought a copy of the Men Behind the Sun boxset thanks to his short review there ...

Ooooops,sorry bout that.
    :D
    Let me know what you thought of em.

The Gateway Meat--signed by director and cast
    Snuff 102---signed by the director.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've actually been fairly restrained lately, the last dvd I bought was 30 Days of Night last week. Before that I got the second half of Season 1 Masters of Horror (not as good as the first half).

I got the Alien Quadrilogy as well, went halves with my brother for this one :)

^^^^^^

Ive been flirting on and off with that set for about 6 months now but I was sensible for a change cos its just so damn expensive and theres so much other stuff i could get for the same price.

Nice buy Necro.

• Advertisement

Schramm
    Tesis
    House by the Cemetary
    Scrapbook

nedtheshed wrote: »
    ^^^^^^

Ive been flirting on and off with that set for about 6 months now but I was sensible for a change cos its just so damn expensive and theres so much other stuff i could get for the same price.

Nice buy Necro.

Thanks, and sense went absolutely out the window with that one :D

Also, I don't have a clue how I forgot to add in my post, but my brother and sister got me the Predator head for my birthday so there's a nice rivalry going on in my room :D

Picture?

I sure do, I had the two of them posing for ages when I got the Pred-head :pac:

Hmmm, can't seem to post pictures on this forum, here are the links though:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Seps_Forever/P100408_1809.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Seps_Forever/P100408_1810.jpg

While I'm posting Predator pictures, here's me last halloween :D

http://lh5.ggpht.com/ItsStephenNotSteven/R3ET5RmWyWI/AAAAAAAACRw/aKkEeQ0gpxw/Hal30.jpg

(Yes, I'm a rather obsessive Predator fan :p)

Fuggin class.
    :)

Picked up a few things the past few days, Frankenhooker, Buried Alive and The Rage.

Been a while since there was any action in here.

Recently bought

Fetus
    Philosophy of a Knife
    Red Room 2
    Salo 2 disc Criterion re-release (not horror as such)
    COLOR="Red"]Rec[/COLOR

Ordered -

The Evolved - Part 1
    Fatty Drives The Bus
    Invasion Of The Blood Farmers
    Trees/The Root Of All Evil: Trees 2
    Frankenhooker
    Frostbiter
    Jack Frost
    Jack Frost 2
    Leprechaun In The Hood
    Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood

In June, but still haven't got them. They were originally waiting for some out of stock stuff to come in but I cant get any replies to my emails from the site :( Fuckers charged me though.

Thats a balls.Who did you order through?

Thats a balls.Who did you order through?

Horrormovies.com. Just sent them another email just there now. Disappointedly by them to say the least. Which is a shame, they have a great selection.

• Advertisement

Thats a shame.Here are a couple of sites Ive used and never had any problems with.Obviously depends on what you are after as most of these have the harder to find horror stuff.All recommended though.

http://www.unearthedfilms.com/

http://www.synapse-films.com/

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/index.php

http://www.chainsawvideo.nl/

Of course ebay is always good,same as cdwow who incidently have a big sale on Troma movies at the moment.Stuff like Terrorfirmer and Luther the Geek are available for €5 each.

Friday the 13th - From Crystal Lake to Manhattan 8 disc boxset (FYI available in HMV from today for 35 quid)
    Silence of the Lambs 2 disc Ultimate edition.(available in Golden Discs in Grafton Street shopping centre for 8 quid.It has really cool packaging,great extras and there are 6 postcards with recipes using fava beans and other stuff from the movie.Geek heaven!)

I've been eyeing up the Friday the 13th set with a while myself. Is that the complete collection there or is it missing one or two of the later ones ?

I've been holding off on the purchases for the moment. No point buying when I cant watch them, anything I buy online I send home and they cost a fortune to buy over here :(

Its getting hard though coming up to halloween, most places sell off the B-Movies pretty cheaply, nice to flesh out the collection.

The set is missing part 9,Jason goes to Hell,Jason X and Freddy Vs Jason.
    All of those are readily available on ebay for 5 or 6 quid though.

Bought C.H.U.D (cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers)the other day.I remember seeing it in the video shop as a tike and been mad to watch it but alas my folks were having none of it.Gonna watch it sometime this week.

Bought C.H.U.D (cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers)the other day.I remember seeing it in the video shop as a tike and been mad to watch it but alas my folks were having none of it.Gonna watch it sometime this week.

Funny enough watched the two of those earlier this year. The first and second films have completely different content. The first is a creature flick the second zombies (second one is better though IMHO)

Funny enough watched the two of those earlier this year. The first and second films have completely different content. The first is a creature flick the second zombies (second one is better though IMHO)

Bud the CHUD if Im not mistaken?:D

Advertisement