Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypnosis and Stammering

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Paul Dee

Pardon my absence. I've been busy.

Answer to question 1: YES.

Answer to question 2: I've had 3 uptakes on my offer. All procrastonated and /or never showed. Take up my free offer and come along for yourself, then you can answer the question for your self. I'm offering one free trial. (Stammering/Procrastonation.)

Answer to question 3: YES, but never publically. Or even privately for that matter. Client confidentiality is the keystone to my success.

Answer to question 4: I suppose it depends on who you are talking to.

Answer to question 5: It depends on who you are talking to.
    Whether you believe you can achieve a result or whether you believe you cannot achieve a result, then you are probably right! It's the bits in the middle we need to talk about.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,

Paul Dee
    Hi Paul,
    I've read back on your posts and I have a few questions for you.

1. Do you believe that a "cure" exists for a person with a stammer?

2. You say that you decide after the first meeting if you can help somebody, what criteria do you set for this decision?

3. Can you tell us anything of your longterm Success rates? by this I mean how many of your clients whether they are on a smoking cessation or weight loss etc program?

4. A lot of Paul McKenna's Material on the two CD's I've listened to uses NLP, Do you think the NLP can produce long term results?

5. Last but not least;) Do you think people can achieve the results you say you can produce on their own?

Thanks in advance for your answers
    Rgds,
    Charlie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Charlie_Boswell

Hi Paul,
    Forgive me if I'm missing something here but you don't seem to have answered a single question (apart from the first one!) To be honest I don't want to get into a back and forth on this, Personally I do not believe that a "cure" exists and furthermore that hypnotheraphy could be a possible solution.

At the same time I do not want to knock what you do for a living, I'm sure you can produce result you eluded to and I do agree that it very much (completely) depends on the individual you are working with.

The issues I'd have with your reply to my questions are below.

Question 1. What do you base this on? you cannot simple answer "yes" to a question like this.

Question 2. I asked what criteria you set in deciding if you can help someone, Not how many uptakes you've had.

Question 3. I didn't ask you for specific client details, just a success rate, One in two, three, four etc, How many people find a successful outcome with you/hypnotheraphy?

Question 4. I was talking to you, what do You think?

Question 5. A straight answer! Yes people can affect massive change in their own life if they decide to do so, and practice what they want every day.

Best of luck in what you do
    Rgds,
    Charlie.
    Paul Dee wrote: »
    Pardon my absence. I've been busy.

Answer to question 1: YES.

Answer to question 2: I've had 3 uptakes on my offer. All procrastonated and /or never showed. Take up my free offer and come along for yourself, then you can answer the question for your self. I'm offering one free trial. (Stammering/Procrastonation.)

Answer to question 3: YES, but never publically. Or even privately for that matter. Client confidentiality is the keystone to my success.

Answer to question 4: I suppose it depends on who you are talking to.

Answer to question 5: It depends on who you are talking to.
    Whether you believe you can achieve a result or whether you believe you cannot achieve a result, then you are probably right! It's the bits in the middle we need to talk about.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,

Paul Dee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Paul Dee

"To be honest I don't want to get into a back and forth on this, Personally I do not believe that a "cure" exists and furthermore that hypnotheraphy could be a possible solution. "

Hi Charlie,
    The portion of your quote above answers all of your questions, if that is what you believe. If you have another queston, contact me anytime.

regards.

Paul Dee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sherro

I know this thread has died down a bit but I would like to add my little two cents.

Personally I would stay clear of any "Therapists" who preach they can cure you of things. I can cure you, I can heal you, I can make you better are all the words of someone who needs to make themselves feel important in the work they are doing.

Therapy is about the client working their way through their problems and finding the route cause and dealing with it. The "Therapist" is merely there as a guide to aid the client.

Any person who is doing such a job for self satisfaction or pride is not a person I would deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Personally I would stay clear of any "Therapists" who preach they can cure you of things. I can cure you, I can heal you, I can make you better are all the words of someone who needs to make themselves feel important in the work they are doing.

That's not very logical, is it? Do you steer away from mechanics who can fix your car? Dismiss electricians who can solve your electrical dilemmas? Brush off doctors who can fix your broken leg? Stammering is also real, it has a cause and it can be cured/fixed/solved/whatever you want to call it.
    Therapy is about the client working their way through their problems and finding the route cause and dealing with it.

No, that kind of therapy is about extracting the maximum amount of money over the longest time from the client with no guarantee of a result. That's what I call inefficient, incompetent, lazy, wasteful, greedy and mind-numbingly slow. Hell, even the public sector would be horrified at that kind of practice. Personally I could do it that way, but it'd make me feel like a charlatan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement