Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 - The year of the flood!

• 10-03-2008 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

So, how did people get on with the chaos this morning? The Park Road, Grannagh, and the other riverside spots seemed worst affected. I've heard of plenty of people who were surrounded by water when they looked out this morning.

Theres another high tide tomorrow at 8am.. Does anyone think it'll happen again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It could happen this evening, the back end of the storm will move over us later today.

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Complete exgeration. I was expecting a LOT worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You sound dissapointed!

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mike65 wrote: »
    You sound dissapointed!

Mike.

They had my mother in a right panic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Well its the first time in a while that schools were effected by weather!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sm123_irl

Sully wrote: »
    Complete exgeration. I was expecting a LOT worse!

You and me both was expecting the Tramore RD to be flooded heading into work this morning and nothing not even a puddle lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

sm123_irl wrote: »
    You and me both was expecting the Tramore RD to be flooded heading into work this morning and nothing not even a puddle lol

your were lucky, the redbridge was crazy flooded

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

This was taken this morning from an apartment up over TuktukThai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Last night was wild .. this morning was ok though,however tonight is meant to be wild enough again ... cant be too careful eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Fire last week, floods this week, the four horsemen of the apocalypse must be upon us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

isn't the rapture supposed to happen first before the 4 horsemen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I was expecting worse my self, the worst we suffered were minor electricity problems. Electricity going off for a few minutes at random intervals all morning and all afternoon in the Ardkeen area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Did the weather really warrant a thread now in fairness... They are giving sun in the summer...shall i prepare the thread :D

stick-dan wrote: »
    Did the weather really warrant a thread now in fairness... They are giving sun in the summer...shall i prepare the thread :D

I thought you agreed to stick the the Carlow forum, where ya belong? :P

Sure, its supposed to have been the "Storm of the Century".

Sully wrote: »
    I thought you agreed to stick the the Carlow forum, where ya belong? :P

Sure, its supposed to have been the "Storm of the Century".

So now you're limiting my freedom of speech are you?????

Storm of the century, come on like, The rain was average at best, and wind is wind it was always gonna make some noise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

stick-dan wrote: »
    So now you're limiting my freedom of speech are you?????

Storm of the century, come on like, The rain was average at best, and wind is wind it was always gonna make some noise...

Well I couldnt get to work.. due to the place being under 2ft of water. If thats average rain, I can only imagine the Carlow folk bragging about the Ark they build at weekends.

Trotter wrote: »
    Well I couldnt get to work.. due to the place being under 2ft of water. If thats average rain, I can only imagine the Carlow folk bragging about the Ark they build at weekends.

you should come to carlow there are arks everywhere lol :D

i was talking in general..most of the problem spots were ok...

Advertisement