Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Swirl Marks

Options
  • 10-03-2008 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi, I have just bought a 06 Red Golf and it is covered in Swirl marks, any advice on how I can remove them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Red the colour of satan! And swirls (and blotches, fading). Normally it takes a few years before the paint starts degrading. I would suggest a very mild polish, but be careful with the elbow grease.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I used this followed by this or you could fork out a few hundred to this crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I used this followed by this or you could fork out a few hundred to this crowd

Where are the Meguiars products available?

Redsoxfan wrote: »

I used to get them from a guy on the BMW ireland website in Leixlip who used to get group buys. My stuff is running out soon so I must get in touch again soon to see if they are putting in another order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Halford stock a range of Meguiars products. Pretty good they are too, the clay bar is the nads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

'that crowd' also stock products to do the job yourself ;)

Though, realisticly, you will be filling the swirls by hand, not removing them. It takes a full day with a 2000RPM machine to correct a full car usualy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Swirling - It is a common problem by people who do not know how to take care of there car. This issue occurs when a cloth is used to buff/clean a car , special buffers or a shammy cloth should be used with a good wax ( i.e turtle wax )

they are normally only visable when direct sun light is shun on it.

Jet washing and a good cloth will prevent Anything a such as this happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

S.I.R wrote: »
    Swirling - It is a common problem by people who do not know how to take care of there car. This issue occurs when a cloth is used to buff/clean a car , special buffers or a shammy cloth should be used with a good wax ( i.e turtle wax )

they are normally only visable when direct sun light is shun on it.

Jet washing and a good cloth will prevent Anything a such as this happening.

nope a lambswool washmitt and waffle weave towels will stop this happening

id goto detailer.ie to get it sorted and take car when washing in the future, we'll be able to advise

cjt156 wrote: »
    Halford stock a range of Meguiars products. Pretty good they are too, the clay bar is the nads.

didn't know that....nice to know

Advertisement