Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.htaccess and url rewriting on your servers

Options
  • 10-03-2008 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am currently developing a site that makes use of a .htaccess file and mod_rewrite for url rewriting and I have a few questions about deploying this site and getting url rewriting working on your servers. I am using the basic linux hosting package.

My dev platform is as follows:
    --Apache 2 on Mac OSX Leopard with mod_rewrite setup to work. PHP 5 and Mysql.
    --My webroot for this site is /var/www/htdocs/<site_name>/. This is where I have the .htaccess file.

I have various different rewrite rules in this .htaccess file which all work on my local dev machine. There is no RewriteBase set.

I transferred the above site to your servers and now I get 404 errors anytime I try to access any URL.

Is there anything special I need to be doing to get this working ? I can email you my .htaccess file if you want and give you the name of the site.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sorry for the delay in replying to you.

In theory a .htaccess should just work, but if you have hardcoded paths it may not, as we don't use "htdocs" etc.,

I'd recommend you email support@blacknight.com with the output of the .htaccess and the domain name and they will be able to help you out

regards

Michele

Advertisement