Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOT pulling out of Ireland

Options
  • 10-03-2008 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

It's probably not the newest of the news, but I just found out that LOT, polish national airline pulled out off direct flights Ireland - Poland.
    Does anyone know the reason behind it? I cannot find it and I believe the route to be extremely popular.
    So what's the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

I've heard it too, the reason quoted in the Polish media was that LOT couldn't beat its competitors - cheap airlines like Aerlingus or Ryanair. Paying about 150e for a return flight without lunch on board seems more attractive to passengers than spending 300e and getting lunch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maly07@poczta.o

emkey wrote: »
    It's probably not the newest of the news, but I just found out that LOT, polish national airline pulled out off direct flights Ireland - Poland.
    Does anyone know the reason behind it? I cannot find it and I believe the route to be extremely popular.
    So what's the story?

no need to worry, another low cost airline is serving this route now.
    They are the cheaper branch of LOT (i think)
    http://www4.centralwings.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kruk

The things is Centralwings is one of the worst low-cost airlines in Europe (LOT owes them). High rate of cancellations and many complaints regarding their service. Also they are below financial expectations - they lost 72mln zl last year (according to Gazeta.pl). In consequences I wouldn't be so sure they'll survive this year (e.g. Air Polonia - has been closed couple years ago and had same troubles).

Fortunately there are Ryanair and Aer Lingus as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭emkey

I bought Centralwings tickets 6 times and 3 out of these were cancelled. Three lessons were too many for me. No, nay, never, no more Centralwings!

Advertisement