Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling, need a bit of pricing help

• 10-03-2008 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I have some water-cooling gear for sale. Its been a while since I kept up with the market and I am unsure of how good the following products still are. A ballpark price for them would be great.

G5 Waterblock(Did the g7 ever get released?)
    Storm Waterblock (bottom is a little stained, could be lapped/cleaned)
    Two d5 pumps
    A Aqua-extreme 50z pump
    A thermochill He120.2 and a PA 120.3

There are a few other bits and pieces, res's that don't really work and some clamps. I also think the mounts for the storm onto a 745 are gone(just the two for a 939). Not that hard to source, its just some washers and a nut and bolt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭jasperok

well if you put an ad up on adverts i'd take a 120.3 rad of you and a d5 if itsthe variable one,
    for reasonable money of course.
    did they get much use?
    any shroud for the 120.3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

jasperok wrote: »
    well if you put an ad up on adverts i'd take a 120.3 rad of you and a d5 if itsthe variable one,
    for reasonable money of course.
    did they get much use?
    any shroud for the 120.3?

D5 is variable, they none of them got much use. They were used mostly in external test bench's. No shroud. I'm posting here to find out what's reasonable, eg is there far better rad's out? The PA was the best money could buy at the time.

It's interesting how quiet this forum has gone, I would have thought a G5 would attract some attention.

i think the PA 120.3 is still the best and d5 is still up there two so you shouldnt suffer massive depreciation there.

120.2 will hold a bit of value too as its thermochill,

the blocks and aqua pump would be considered pretty average these days don't expect much there.

i just bought a d5 and a 120.3 for 57 pounds each a month ago.
    thats the new price.
    if i were you i would stick everything up at cost - 30%.

i'll certainly throw in a low ball for some of the stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

D5 is variable, they none of them got much use. They were used mostly in external test bench's. No shroud. I'm posting here to find out what's reasonable, eg is there far better rad's out? The PA was the best money could buy at the time.

It's interesting how quiet this forum has gone, I would have thought a G5 would attract some attention.

The d5 and the 120.2 are the only parts worth any money these days, as the g5 simply cant cool a quadcore better then a heatsink.

If you are looking to get rid of them, i would happily take the pump(s) and the rad.

anti - why is the 120.2 better than the 120.3??
    maybe i'm reading wromg thogh! no offence meant..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

i'd give you 50 for the 120.3

Anti wrote: »
    The d5 and the 120.2 are the only parts worth any money these days, as the g5 simply cant cool a quadcore better then a heatsink.

If you are looking to get rid of them, i would happily take the pump(s) and the rad.

Give me a day to think about the pumps and rad, need to check current prices and don't have time.

Can't believe the G5 is looked upon as bad now, might be worth more having it melted down. Can I ask why heatsinks have achieved better performance with quad cores?

Well the g5 was designed before the current quads came out. Its internal design is for a single or dual core, not a quad. Nowadays most people use Dtek Fusions with ethe nozzle kit.

jasperok wrote: »
    anti - why is the 120.2 better than the 120.3??
    maybe i'm reading wromg thogh! no offence meant..

I think you read it wrong mate. I meand the rad and pumps are still concidered good, but the cpu block isnt upto most of todays cpu's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

I think you read it wrong mate. I meand the rad and pumps are still concidered good, but the cpu block isnt upto most of todays cpu's.

anti its a He120.2 that is the older model then the PA,

The pa120.3 and the d5 would be the only ones to keeps there moneys.

• Advertisement

awhir wrote: »
    anti its a He120.2 that is the older model then the PA,

The pa120.3 and the d5 would be the only ones to keeps there moneys.

Thats odd, didn't Cathar produce results saying that the He series was more effective then the PA with High Cfm fans(120+), and that the PA series excelled with low power fans.

It's a pity to hear about the g5, looking at the surface area internally(ridges for heat transfer) it seems to be around the size of a IHS. I don't suppose you have any results at hand showing that a G5 is ineffective at cooling a quad core?

Actually while typing this, I went looking and saw this. It seems only currents cpus without a IHS work well with the Storm(cheaper version of the G5) and the quad cores are better suited to the apogee Gt. At a guess I wouldn't say the g5 is ineffective, but rather the costing of it is no longer considered a wise price as newer blocks have closed the gap due to the higher heatloads spread out over a higher area. I'll be posting up the parts on Adverts tomorrow with prices.

Thats odd, didn't Cathar produce results saying that the He series was more effective then the PA with High Cfm fans(120+), and that the PA series excelled with low power fans.

thats true ,afaik, but that would make the PA a far better choice from a noise point of view hence they're more popular.

The HE series is a fanttastic rad, with the right high flow system and high cfm fans, but like said above not many people use them because of noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

The HE series is a fanttastic rad, with the right high flow system and high cfm fans, but like said above not many people use them because of noise.

a set of delta's and ur laughfin :)

awhir wrote: »
    a set of delta's and ur laughfin :)

Thats if you can hear your self laughing :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

I'd buy the G5 just to have one of Cathar's famed blocks, but I'm broke at the moment so....

you got these up for sale yet i'd give a fair price for the 120.3. would really like to get my hands on one. this weekend would be great.

R.S.V.P A.S.A.P :)

i'd give 100 for the 120.3 and a d5. plus post of course :)

Advertisement