Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do i want/need?

• 10-03-2008 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

Hey there,
    I know this is probably a stupid thread, but hey, its monday and i'm bored..
    Its my birthday in a month, but what do i want??
    I cant decide, my boyfriend keeps asking what will he get me..but i havent a clue!
    I have enough clothes, I even have a few vouchers for clothes shops that still need to be used..
    I dont need jewelery, i have a watch...
    I have a phone, a camera and even a nintendo DS for the aul brain training...
    We are planning on going away for a night in may once work gets quiet for him, so i dont want that to be my present..
    i think he will take me out for dinner anyway, as i did for him, for his last birthday.

any suggestions for a girls must-haves?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Massage, facial, spot of beauty therapy. If someone offered me a voucher for a spa i'd take the hand off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Just have a wander around the shops and im sure there will be a couple of things you will want. Have you an ipod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Lux23 wrote: »
    Just have a wander around the shops and im sure there will be a couple of things you will want. Have you an ipod?

no i dont, i was thinking of asking for one, but to be honest i dont think i'll use it, i had one before and i never used it.and then i lost it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Lux23 wrote: »

Oh yeah thats a good suggestion. Ipod ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

maple wrote: »
    Massage, facial, spot of beauty therapy. If someone offered me a voucher for a spa i'd take the hand off them.

+1. If I wasn't saving up to go away I'd love to treat myself to a facial, massage and manicure. I'm tempted to just do it and fúck the money as it'd really cheer me up but I know I'll regret it.

A day of pampering would be nice, if you don't want anything else.

If you really don't want anything why don't you get your bf to give the money to charity? (a good one though, not the chuggers on the street!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Femmy wrote: »
    Hey there,
    I know this is probably a stupid thread, but hey, its monday and i'm bored..
    Its my birthday in a month, but what do i want??
    I cant decide, my boyfriend keeps asking what will he get me..but i havent a clue!
    I have enough clothes, I even have a few vouchers for clothes shops that still need to be used..
    I dont need jewelery, i have a watch...
    I have a phone, a camera and even a nintendo DS for the aul brain training...
    We are planning on going away for a night in may once work gets quiet for him, so i dont want that to be my present..
    i think he will take me out for dinner anyway, as i did for him, for his last birthday.

any suggestions for a girls must-haves?

Get him to fix that shift key on your PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

A nice dinner? Or a gift of a tree to a small African village?

Get him to fix that shift key on your PC.

Meaning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

theres so many things i want/need.. ill let you borrow some of mine if you want?

- new phone (keeps turning off)
    - new camera (drunken friend dropped it)
    - new mp3 player (battery dies waaay too often now)
    - driving lessons
    - a car!
    - insurance, etc
    - an eye test & glasses (for distances, know im gonna need them driving, have some old awful frames but theyre too awful, NEED new ones)
    - some new clothes
    - a haircut
    - a holiday! hopefuly booking 1 this week, yay.

hmm i cant see any of that being much of a help unless you dont drive? he could organise theory test etc for you & a lesson or 2? my bf was gonna do that for me last yr until a computer disaster meant i needed the money more than driving lessons.

other than that.. hmm would you be into active stuff? like would you like something like a flying lesson? something you wouldnt buy yourself but would like to do.

or a nice designer bag? the number of bags ive fallen in love with but were just too much for me to pay for. something youd love but would never waste your OWN money on, hehe :)

hmm..ya, i like the sound of the car..cos mine is ****, and he knows it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Femmy i dont mean to sound bitchy ... but ... it sounds to me like no matter what the poor guy gets ya you wont be happy!!!!!
    Ask him for a surprise that way he has to think all by himself what to get you which means he thought about you ... so take what he thinks you would like and be happy!

She Devil wrote: »
    Femmy i dont mean to sound bitchy ... but ... it sounds to me like no matter what the poor guy gets ya you wont be happy!!!!!
    Ask him for a surprise that way he has to think all by himself what to get you which means he thought about you ... so take what he thinks you would like and be happy!

Hmm..yeah, that did sound bitchy, He is the one who is onto me day after day asking me what will he get me, i have told him to pick something out himself, but he just cant think of one thing!
    i'm only asking here to get some ideas, as i dont know either.
    i would love anything he gets me, except a friggin tattoo, which is the only thing he has come up with on his own..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Femmy wrote: »
    Hmm..yeah, that did sound bitchy, He is the one who is onto me day after day asking me what will he get me, i have told him to pick something out himself, but he just cant think of one thing!
    i'm only asking here to get some ideas, as i dont know either.
    i would love anything he gets me, except a friggin tattoo, which is the only thing he has come up with on his own..

to be fair to him, if you can't think of anything yourself, it's a bit much to give out to him when he doesn't have the luxury of hearing your thoughts.

Is there anything luxury that you normally wouldn't get, but would like, an expensive pillow, some jewellery, a game for the DS, expensive skincare product, a perfume, new shoes etc. etc.

astrofool wrote: »
    to be fair to him, if you can't think of anything yourself, it's a bit much to give out to him when he doesn't have the luxury of hearing your thoughts.

Is there anything luxury that you normally wouldn't get, but would like, an expensive pillow, some jewellery, a game for the DS, expensive skincare product, a perfume, new shoes etc. etc.

I havent given out to him atall! where does it say that i did?
    Yeah, thanks for all the suggestions, i suppose nice new perfume wouldnt go astray..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The tone of your previous post seemed to imply you were getting annoyed with him, ignore if that was incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

You could ask your bf to buy me a haircut and manicure. I'm so poor at the moment it would be charity! You'd feel good about doing something for someone else and I'd have fab hair, it's win-win!

Seriously, I can't afford a hair cut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭[WoW]

i had the same problem a week ago- didnt know what i wanted (apart from a holiday but that was too dear apparently). ghd's maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

watna wrote: »
    Seriously, I can't afford a hair cut!

me neither.. and its on the cheaper end of the things i need/want! :(

I'm the same, I don't have a clue really
    there's a couple of things really but nothing too specific that i'd love

My mam always gets me nice bedlinen for my birthday and sure enough I got loads of cotten purple bedlinen and a satin purple throw this weekend (even though its 4 weeks off)

I need/want at the moment a new tv, a night away in a hotel, a nice meal out, a beauty evening with my mate where I would get everything done (she's a beautician) and my number one want is a new tattoo which I'm getting on my birthday
    If any of them are any good to you feel free to pass along to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

I guess I must just be greedy - but isn't there always something to want??- damn capitalism!! :mad:. Have a ramble around BT's, or pic out a fab dress in Chica or Lara and have him do the hounours :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement