Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Clutch or Scrap

Options
  • 10-03-2008 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi

My 98 Megane looks like it needs a new clutch (have it booked in for wednesday to check) but I'm thinking the cost of this wil make it not worth doing so i am considering scrapping it - seems a pity as there is only 56k on it and its fine otherwise but they have no value anymore.

If I go the scrappage route can someone let me know how I go about it and how much i get for it - I have never gone doen this road (pardon the pun) before.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I would'nt jump to any conclusions. A clutch can be bought off ebay for 80 euro, delivered and fited for less than 300 euro I'd say.

clicky

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

Cheers Mike - thought it qould be a lot more than that - i'd be happy paying 300 to keep it going for another year as I plan to replace next january

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't use a Renualt franchise get a quote from an independent garage. I'd budget as follows buy from ebay 80 + 40 delivery + fitting 250 (to be on safe side).

Mike.

Advertisement