Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do females watch wrestling shows like WWE/TNA/ECW?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Babette08 wrote: »
    Do guys above 11 watch it?? The odd time when flicking you stumble upon it - unintentionally hilarious - laugh your head off for a few minutes and move on. That guy you posted is yuch...grease monkey like the rest of them :rolleyes:

There is a cult following to wrestling among adults, like pretty much everything else.

There's a certain art to wrestling well- a "light" worker is preferable to a "stiff" (meaning someone who looks like they're thumping the other guy, but isn't hurting them at all) and a good "seller" is extremely valuable (someone who is good at acting hurt, throwing themselfes around the ring when on defence.)

Really good wrestlers will generate "heat" (a crowd response- positive for faces, like cheers, and negative for the heels, or bad guys).

But even the most ardent wrestling fan turns the brain off at the door and takes WWE for what it is- car crash telly, just like Jerry Springer.

Personally I gave up on wrestling when Chris Benoit killed his family. I was already at odds with enjoying it because I had read about how scummy a business it was. Chris's suicide finished me off (this was a man I had cheered for live one point.)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Dragan wrote: »
    Nope.

This is what happens when you spend too much time putting "jokes" into the "fact" pile.

It's the easy insult for those of us who are large through gym efforts. "Bet his cock is tiny from all the steroids!" Eh, sure it is!

If anyone is doing steroids it would have a negative impact on natural testosterone production and may result in temportary hygodonadism or possible permanent is not treated correctly.

Don't do them myself but it is a very interesting field of study.

As for the topic at hand, an ex of mine used to be mad into Wrestling and such and even went to a show with me when i was still into it as well.

As for Wrestling, it's the male equivelent of the Pussy Cat Dolls. Don't let it upset you!

I am not upset, I watch it sometimes but was put off it last year when on of the guys snapped and killed his wife and kid before killing himself.

They were saying it was all the drugs he was on that made him snap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I am not upset, I watch it sometimes but was put off it last year when on of the guys snapped and killed his wife and kid before killing himself.

They were saying it was all the drugs he was on that made him snap.

Once again it is important to differentiate from the "facts" versus "rumour pile."

Sure, Chris snapped and killed his family, and sure, he was on steroids. The facts that were not put out there were that the steroids he was on was obtained legally from his doctor ( remember, steroids are a medicine that is often given to people in need of them and yet these people don't SNAP! ).

There appears to be have been a pretty big history of depression with him, and other marital problems between him and his wife. Add in work issues as well and it's funny that it was the drugs that made him do it.

Sadly enough people kill their familes all the time without the aid of steroids. Most of the time it's because they feel they can all be in a better place together. Chris left a bible with both is wife and his son.

How come nobody blames religious ideoligies when such things occur?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Once again it is important to differentiate from the "facts" versus "rumour pile."

Sure, Chris snapped and killed his family, and sure, he was on steroids. The facts that were not put out there were that the steroids he was on was obtained legally from his doctor ( remember, steroids are a medicine that is often given to people in need of them and yet these people don't SNAP! ).

There appears to be have been a pretty big history of depression with him, and other marital problems between him and his wife. Add in work issues as well and it's funny that it was the drugs that made him do it.

Sadly enough people kill their familes all the time without the aid of steroids. Most of the time it's because they feel they can all be in a better place together. Chris left a bible with both is wife and his son.

It happened in America. You can't blame guns or religion for anything there. The Trenchcoat Mafia? Marilyn Mansons fault. But thats OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yea very true i am only going on hear say as the facts were never released and it was a very sad situation.

It could have been other factors as you say but the media only picked up on the drug issue as it was easy for them to blame them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Funny how we somtimes think people like Chris Benoit are on top of the world then he ends his and his familys life like that.Doesn't make sense at times .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

No interest in wrestling, but like MA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I did up to when I was about 10.

Hulk Hogan ruled. It was the WWF.

Brett the hitman hart was hot.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan was hilarious too..

Advertisement