Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Composite Decking Supply & Fit (Offaly region)

Options
  • 10-03-2008 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hello, I am thinking of getting composite decking for my back garden. I've heard it can be quite expensive but that it is low maintenance. Because it is so expensive I'd rather have it professionally fitted. I'm based in Offaly. Can anyone recommend someone to supply and fit this in the Offaly area? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

You're right composite decking is very expensive more so than stone. Wouldn't let your average decking do-da near a composite deck.

Unfortunately not able to help in your area.

PS Ensure contractor uses (a) pressure treated timbers are used for sub frame (b) spacings are much narrower than for standard deck boards and (c)stainless steel screws are used for fixing. If carefully aligned and fixed the heads can be countersunk and sealed by the board to give a clean finish. Nothing worse than seeing rusting random pimple like patterns on clean boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭hamrog

Thanks Sonnenblumen, good advice all round. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Very useful info on the pressure treated timber and the stainless steel screws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭hamrog

Thinking of getting this company from Mullingar to supply and fit composite decking for me. Anyone have any experience dealing with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

hamrog wrote: »
    Thinking of getting this company from Mullingar to supply and fit composite decking for me. Anyone have any experience dealing with them?

Hamrog,

There's a composite decking producer in the Mullingar area: Earthwood, www.earthwood.ie

They'll be able to recommend contractors. Well worth investigating.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

I got normal decking in laois garden world recently at a great price try them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭hippychippy

Use galvanised deck screws, expensive but last forever

Advertisement