Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Feature Request] User was banned for this post

Options
  • 10-03-2008 1:09pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On another forum I frequent, If a user is banned for a particular post he/she makes, it is pointed out in said post (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST) and the avatar is changed to banned, and clicking on the avatar gives the reason in the ban list, along with a history of other bannings that the user has 'accumulated'

I think that, besides being hilarious, it would act as a warning to future muppets i.e. This is the stuff that gets you banned, take notice.

Any idea how feisable this would be to implement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Would this apply to site bans or to every ban?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Every ban.

And is it removed once the user is unbanned?

No, it stays on the post.

Peteee wrote: »
    No, it stays on the post.
    Why?

The user has been now unbanned. :confused:

• Advertisement

He was still banned for the post though, the fact he was unbanned is a moot point.

The avatar is changed back to whatever it was however.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I am also a regular poster on SomethingAwful, and the thought had briefly crossed my mind to implement something similar... won't be exactly the same, but thanks for reminding me :)

Added to my list of *fun* things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Peteee wrote: »
    He was still banned for the post though, the fact he was unbanned is a moot point.

The avatar is changed back to whatever it was however.
    i likes it,apart from the avatar change. maybe a little button? (unless we've too many of them already ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Anomaly

CuLT wrote: »
    I am also a regular poster on SomethingAwful, and the thought had briefly crossed my mind to implement something similar... won't be exactly the same, but thanks for reminding me :)

Added to my list of *fun* things to do.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

Would it be possible to make the users name a link to either their last posts or to their profile?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement