Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving in France with Bi-xenon headlights

Options
  • 10-03-2008 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

I own a 2005 Volvo S40 with Bi-xenon headlights. I'm going to France in August and September for two weeks. I have read in other forums that to convert Bi-xenons can take two hours of work in a dealership one before trip and one after.

Now obviously i don't want to pay the robbing sod's for this. Is there anyway i can do this myself easily as I'm driving through England both ways and don't want to blind drivers here after i get them done and before i get them fixed again.

Is there a stick on kit like for halogens although i believe they may not work as Xenons produce to much heat for the glue to work.

Is there a lever on the side of the unit.

Or should i not bother and just go with them as is.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If it's any help, xenons produce far less heat than halogens. I'd have a look for a Volvo forum to answer your main question, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Thanks i read most of that info on a Volvo forum will search for other forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 tigerbalm

It's no big deal. I do it many times a year when driving in europe. I've extracted the relevant page from the S40 owners manual.

-- tigerbalm

Yeah i found that in my manual. I have the 2.0d and its fairly crammed in there behind the light units how do i take the back panel off the unit to flick the lights over.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

Dunno about the Volvo, but on Opels, the Bi-Xenons with adaptive forward lighting can be switched to point the opposite way fairly easily. It's explained in the manual, it's something to do with pressing a button on the key while you start it the car up. Possibly the Volvo may do something similar?

• Advertisement

No it doesn't have the adaptive headlights.

Advertisement