Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi offers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 billo41

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_5189.htm

Is Aldi like Lidl in that they have limited amount andyou have to go out early and or queue?
    Thanks

They also have a 22" monitor for sale. Can you also watch tv on this monitor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Just to bump this up to the top.
    What do ye make of this pc?
    Is it worth the money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Soarer wrote: »
    Is it worth the money?

definatley , i have an older version it it works great, you can watc tv and play games on it, connect cam corders etc [video composite in]
    Pretty high spec !

Nice one Placebo.
    Was thinking twas good value, but outta the loop for a while as regards pc's.

Will probably go for it. 3 year warranty an all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

do go for it but be warned that the mointor seems like good value for money, but ur better off spending more on a better brand.
    PC wise its parts that matter and most major pc vendors dont make the parts anyway, so medion is as good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

PC is good value for money but in terms of games the video cards lags extremely far behind the processor and is a low end budget part. Still capable of playing most games, but at low-medium levels. Just in case you think you're buying a blazing games machine, you're not; more so an excellent multimedia and multi-tasking machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

well to answer the op
    it makes no sense to queue for that hard drive
    you can get one delivered to your door for less from the likes of komplett, elara, dabs

PC is good value for money but in terms of games the video cards lags extremely far behind the processor and is a low end budget part. Still capable of playing most games, but at low-medium levels. Just in case you think you're buying a blazing games machine, you're not; more so an excellent multimedia and multi-tasking machine.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Judging by this, it's exactly what I'm after. I've my 360 for gaming!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Soarer wrote: »
    Is it worth the money?

I'd go for the Komplett computer instead- link here

The graphics card could do with upgrading- but its a better looking machine, with higher quality parts- and a decent enough warranty. You don't need a 3 year warranty with a PC- its as good as outdated after a year- and Komplett have a decent enough RMA programme anyhow. It doesn't have a TV card, or wireless (but then again the draft N wireless card in the Aldi machine is incompatible with lots of other draft-N products- incl. Linksys, which is a bit of a bummer).

If you want to plonk something on a table and have it work the Aldi machine is probably the job, but if you've any sense of adventure and enjoy your hardware- the Komplett machine would in my opinion be a better buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

smccarrick wrote: »
    I'd go for the Komplett computer instead- link here

The graphics card could do with upgrading- but its a better looking machine, with higher quality parts- and a decent enough warranty. You don't need a 3 year warranty with a PC- its as good as outdated after a year- and Komplett have a decent enough RMA programme anyhow. It doesn't have a TV card, or wireless (but then again the draft N wireless card in the Aldi machine is incompatible with lots of other draft-N products- incl. Linksys, which is a bit of a bummer).

If you want to plonk something on a table and have it work the Aldi machine is probably the job, but if you've any sense of adventure and enjoy your hardware- the Komplett machine would in my opinion be a better buy.

All true,, but the Aldi machine also has wireless keyboard & mouse, remote & very good analogue tv & dab tuner - all of which are very useful in a consumer machine. Personally I'd be tempted to get the Aldi machine and stick in a better graphics card in a year if needed.

Advertisement