Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday night - Stormy weather - Wintry showers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

VERY windy here in Dublin 15 compared to the other sham of a night :D Electricty is flickering etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pfkf1

Exceptional gusts out in here now, would,'t be surprised to see trees down in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

paddy1, what's the strongest gust you've recorded so far?

surely, the winds are at their peak now?

I have a hand held Nacho, the strongest gust I got was 68mph when outside, but stonger now I reckon. Really packing a punch bigtime. Frightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

There is an eery howling sound when the wind gets up that high,it's kind of like an off pitch singing-it's scarey-are you hearing that?
    It's relatively quiet still down here.
    I can hear the wind but it's not as loud as sunday night or last friday week by a long shot yet.
    Gusting to 37mph due west.

What a crazy hour of the night for RTé to be showing boston legal...

yes, it's an unsettling sound.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

pfkf1 wrote: »
    Exceptional gusts in here now.

lol if there are gusts in your house you have a problem;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

A couple of more powerful gusts in last few moments and lights flickered for first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Dave 2008

darkman2 wrote: »
    lol if there are gusts in your house you have a problem;)

Abandon ship...

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Well in Dublin 2, the wind is unreal! Been living away for the past year, great to come back to a good storm! Problem is I have to catch a flight to Vienna tomorrow, hope the plane is still in one piece out at the airport! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Jaysus BB getting that singing now! Eerie as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Very heavy rain here now, coming in droves, sideways. Wind is on and off, but gusts are still getting steadily stronger but slightly further apart...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

good god i've never seen the trees bend like this before

it's gusting close to 80 mph now:eek:

Can't stand out to get a reading, rain is light but penetrating, another 62mph for the 20 seond I god it's feels cold out there.

good god i've never seen the trees bend like this before

it's gusting close to 80 mph now:eek:

which part of mayo are you in gusts very strong here still but sustained winds droppin abit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Snow didnt last long. Hopefully more soon. Strangely its not that windy here. Was worse here on Sunday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

First 50mph gust and mean speed has risen to 30mph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pfkf1

First few car alarms going off around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

60mph gust at Birr! :eek: Thats a bit too close for comfort! 4.6c here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Some violent gusts now.

Raining more steadily now, temp dropping as well, 3.7c. Still violent gusts. more calmer between them . Damage to my back garden , 2 fence panals missing, where the hell did they go...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Wind certainly increasing now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

extremely windy here now, lights flickered a few times and heard something 'fall' outside tho im not gonna check what it is till the morning. This storm certainly lived up to expectations compared to the puff of wind we had the other day.

Just been out! It's freezing even though it's 4.7 Pretty gusty alright now and it's raining but I do think it was slightly worse earlier on. Maybe I'm just getting used to it. I don't recommend anyone venturing outside.

58mph, during a long gust, mean below 30mph at moment having peaked at 31mph

Temp rising, nearly 6C

Quite quiet between gusts, and then they can be heard coming....

1am reports
    Gale (mean 39mph and above) at Belmullet, Dublin AP, Casement, Claremorris, Finner, Knock, Malion Head, Shannon.
    Highest gusts Belmullet 66Kts, Dublin AP 60kts

Mean up to 32mph with me

Mothman wrote: »
    Quite quiet between gusts, and then they can be heard coming....

I am getting that same effect now MM, we are on either side of the gale. I am dying, you are beginning:)

There's been a very noticeable rise in the wind here in the past few minutes and I've had the hardest gust so far this evening. I'm actually getting a bit worried now with the power of some of those gusts. I can hear the roof creaking and I'm starting to wonder how much more it will take for the creaks to turn into a bang as a slate gets loose or someting.

Mean now 33mph

and the mean since midnight, 27mph

Think I'm with Mothman on the gusts as well now. You can hear them coming that's for sure. I had a relatively quiet period up until recently but now they've taken off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

blowing an absolute stink here in raheny, cant remember it being this strong in recent times, car and house alarms are going off all over the street

Advertisement