Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday night - Stormy weather - Wintry showers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

This is one of the worst storms I've heard out here as well. It's just like it's relentless. Maks Sunday sound very tame indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    which part of mayo are you in gusts very strong here still but sustained winds droppin abit.

Swinford. The gusts are not as strong as they were earlier. So, it looks like the worst of it is probably over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Nearly 20 minutes since last 50mph gust, which was the 58mph, but now is blowing more constantly, so when it does gust, it'll be above 50

Mean 31mph at moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Pressure is rising markably now. 987.0 mb. Wind still swirling around and whistling down my chimney:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Its pretty violent here now, worst all night - you know there is damage being done. Its a bit mental in my locality at the moment and its constant for now.

• Advertisement

Swinford. The gusts are not as strong as they were earlier. So, it looks like the worst of it is probably over here.

Yeah, on its way out in the west I think but still really mad out there. eyes on potential snowfall tonight though, temp slowly dropping here still.

pressure has been steady for hours here.

Wind still seems to be building. A gust of 50mph since last report, mean still at 31. Its just not paticularly gusty at moment.

Holy crap Mothman that violent stuff has arrived here now. It really is getting horrendous now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Getting scary here now in west wicklow. Everything rattling and doors opening and closing by themselves:eek:

squonk wrote: »
    Holy crap Mothman that violent stuff has arrived here now. It really is getting horrendous now.
    Stay safe

Just had a long gust above 50mph. Don't know what the fgiure was as software was updating, but my console alarm is set at 50, and I could hear it going off.

Mean up to 34mph, highest of night.

Just seen that that gust was 56mph.

• Advertisement

CM21 wrote: »
    Everything rattling and doors opening and closing by themselves:eek:

I wouldn't rule out a ghost just yet;)

**** there goes a tile.......this really is pretty bad but should not last at this level any more then a half an hour to an hour - I hope so anyway as its costing me money.

Another ****ing tile - i dont believe it.

2am reports.
    Gale at Dublin AP, Casement, Claremorris, Finner, Knock, Malin Head, Shannon.
    Highest gusts Belmullet 66Kts, Claremorris 64kts, Finner and Knock 60kts.

Highest mean, which will not be a surprise to some is Dublin AP 42kts, 48mph, 77km/h

Eased a bit here, mean down to 30mph
    Highest gust since that 56 more than 10 minutes ago being just 49mph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Extremely heavy rain here now, but it's so windy that it's like spray rather than bigger drops.
    No way of measuring windspeed but I reckon at least some of the gusts in the last hour have been 65mph or more, certainly felt and sounded like it....

Violent squall passing again. This is fecking serious

darkman2 wrote: »
    **** there goes a tile.......this really is pretty bad but should not last at this level any more then a half an hour to an hour - I hope so anyway as its costing me money.

Another ****ing tile - i dont believe it.

Mine are holding OK thankfuly. However, I've a small garden and I have left the sensor suit for the weather station on a picnic table that I move around a bit to get a feeling for where in the garden might be the best place to give it a permanent home. Anyway, as of a few minutes ago, it's current home is on the grass. It got blown off the table! Seems to be OK anyway, still getting readings! Anyway, it's pelting rain and it's so bloody windy out there now it can stay there til the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Its startin to ease a bit here. Mullingar

Constant roar is back to background noise. still the odd big gust though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wind crashing down the street in big gusts, heavy rain.

Horrible night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Stll MAD here.....very violent gusts, defo some damage in the morning from this!!!

• Advertisement

Mean now 28mph

Knock now reporting sleet so the snow level is dropping again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Mothman wrote: »
    2am reports.
    Gale at Dublin AP, Casement, Claremorris, Finner, Knock, Malin Head, Shannon.
    Highest gusts Belmullet 66Kts, Claremorris 64kts, Finner and Knock 60kts.

Highest mean, which will not be a surprise to some is Dublin AP 42kts, 48mph, 77km/h

that's a most disappointing stat for Belmullet. i expected Belmullet to record a gust in excess of 80mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

From my internal weather station, its cold, windy and wet out....and the next time 3 taxi's go past me with their light on im takin licience numbers.

Gusts felt about 40mph max down howth road, no damage to be seen.....just a bad winters night in N.Dublin.

that's a most disappointing stat for Belmullet. i expected Belmullet to record a gust in excess of 80mph.

There were earlier, highest being 84mph, the above are just the 2am reports, Belmullet having dropped to force 7

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Really scary in Dublin 2 now! There is tower crane across the street from me, is really rocking! As in bending forwards, I know they should do that, but this is really moving and creaking. Anyone got a hard hat?! :eek:

I was going to post a few minutes ago that I was probably at the peak here but the last 3-5 minutes have been really violent. It's getting to the point where it's not starting to be fun now. Mothman's comment earlier about knowing there's damage being done, well now I definitely know what he means.

squonk wrote: »
    I was going to post a few minutes ago that I was probably at the peak here but the last 3-5 minutes have been really violent. It's getting to the point where it's not starting to be fun now. Mothman's comment earlier about knowing there's damage being done, well now I definitely know what he means.
    Wasn't me, I'm south of the violent winds, no damage here.

Right, im off. I do expect some damage has been done to the central belt of the country but obviously wont know the extent till morning. Id expect there are at least some power outages in the west. Hopefully it dies down as expected within the next hour.:)

• Advertisement

Gosh, thought it was you! Sorry then! All I can say is it's getting way past my bedtime!

Advertisement