Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday night - Stormy weather - Wintry showers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭dublinmadyoke

~Marky~ wrote: »
    Where are you dublinmadyoke? I am in Dun Laoighre near the sea and its really windy at the moment
    squonk wrote: »
    Just had a rain shower here. I also opened a window to look out and had it slammed back in my face which set off the alarm so I've just had a call from PhoneWatch now as well! Of course, it was just one of the windows that was open a tad and banged that set off the alarm and not the stupid homeowner going nuts with the prospect of some exciting weather! My God, as I'm writing this the gusts are rising. Another bit and I'll be starting to get worried about the roof and the garden shed :(

Good old PhoneWatch... great company :):D

Bellmullet fails to report at 0000hrs!! I wonder has it been blown away:eek:

Wind on the increase here with decent gusts..

It is not "calm" in Dublin at the moment for sure.
    Nah it reported alright

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=belmullet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Temps dropped by 1c from 4c to 3c in the last half hour. Impressive! Wind has died down a bit for the last few minutes also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

The core of the system is approaching the country now and it is warmer towards the centre. The 850mb temps are rising with a -3c now projected over the east. I'll doubt any snow will fall from this at lower levels. As the core moves off the 850s decrease to -5c so a chance of some wintry stuff later on.Still be a chance at higher elevations.

Temp now at 5c and Dp 1.3c
    Rain blowing in the wind and gusts are much closer together. Still no high gusts yet as i think the main belt of winds will arrive after 2am, even though it is wild outside presently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Getting going here now

Car alarm going off.

Big gusts.

• Advertisement

00:00z reports: Malin 967mb - Valentia 995mb :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Dave 2008

Has been violent here on Nth Kildare, Sth Meath border. If it gets any stronger there's going to be some damage to report tomorrow morn. Hope the trees in my garden stand their ground, hate to lose one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭dublinmadyoke

Ok it is my no means clam now... Seems to be severe gusts...... PS- I stuck my head out the window and got blown back in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Becoming noteworthy here now. A rough night

Air 4.5c
    Dp -o.7c
    Both rising.

Yeah snowbie,that upper air I wasn't looking at.
    Still if the shower is heavy enough,downdrafts of cold air and precip will occur.Malin hd recently reporting hail and a temp of 7c for instance.I'll bet that though the cut off time for temp reading was midnight,the hail shower would have that at 2 or 3 c briefly at 5 past-but we wont see that stat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Why is the south recording higher gusts than many other areas?? Marathon is the highest in the whole of ireland with 81mph even though I thought the highest gusts were reserved for the north. Even roches point(61mph) is getting more than Dublin(56mph) right now but no one from down there is reporting.
    http://xcweather.co.uk/
    Still very gusty here but the worst is yet to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I certainly have'nt experienced wind like this in quite some time. it's gusting up to 75 mph here at the moment.

rc28,it has a lot to do with exposure and the gusts around showers.

rc28 wrote: »
    Why is the south recording higher gusts than many other areas?? Marathon is the highest in the whole of ireland with 81mph even though I thought the highest gusts were reserved for the north. Even roches point(61mph) is getting more than Dublin(56mph) right now but no one from down there is reporting.
    http://xcweather.co.uk/
    Still very gusty here but the worst is yet to come.

you've got to be kidding me. the wind is ferocious here already.

you've got to be kidding me. the wind is ferocious here already.

Well I'm in Meath so the worst is certainly yet to come for our area- the winds are supposed to be peaking in your area soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭CM21

Got some light snow in blessington now. Hopefully it doesnt turn to rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Wind here is still WSW the majority, i reckon as it goes more WNW the winds here around Dublin and east in general will increase significantly if not sheltered.
    In other words as the system moves in over Scotland and makes landfall there, the wind will veer.

I certainly have'nt experienced wind like this in quite some time. it's gusting up to 75 mph here at the moment.
    There is an eery howling sound when the wind gets up that high,it's kind of like an off pitch singing-it's scarey-are you hearing that?
    It's relatively quiet still down here.
    I can hear the wind but it's not as loud as sunday night or last friday week by a long shot yet.
    Gusting to 37mph due west.

What a crazy hour of the night for RTé to be showing boston legal...

Nothing short of violent here now, F*****g fantastic!!!!!!

4.8c pressure now rising 983.0 mb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Very strong gusts here (near Gorey)...the roof is creaking:eek:

• Advertisement

Crap, I think they had a story about the storm on the radio news but I only heard the very end of it- something about telegraph poles in Galway...
    Consistently gusty here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Winds up a notch here now with some gusts verging on violent.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭buachaillbeoir

Current conditions in cork:
    • Wind Chill: 4°C
    • Humidity: 87%
    • Dew Point: 1°C
    • Avg Wind: 44 W
    • Pressure: 991.87mbar
    wind blowing 44km/h gusting to 76km/h

thats coming from cork airport, im in the city centre, there isnt a trace of wind its very very calm here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pfkf1

The wind in South Dublin has gone up a notch now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pfkf1

Current conditions in Dublin

Wind Chill:-4°
    Humidity: 81%
    Visibility:9.99 km
    Dewpoint:1°
    Wind: WSW 74 kph

Squeeze is heading east:

pressure1.gif

breathtaking winds here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Starting to go a bit mad here, constant gusts, at a guess in the 60mph range or higher.

Very windy once again - one voilent gust made the house feel like a pressure bubble - horrible sensation! Temp has shot back up to 4.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Some real howling going on here now BB. Not quite got that singing you were talking about but at the rate it's going it mightn't be far off. Getting crazy here now. I'm going to take a trip outside after a while - for fun.

Gave up on RTE a while ago. I'm watching a great series called Sleeper Cell here which I highly recommend.

• Advertisement

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    Nothing short of violent here now, F*****g fantastic!!!!!!

4.8c pressure now rising 983.0 mb

paddy1, what's the strongest gust you've recorded so far?

surely, the winds are at their peak now?

Advertisement