Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Advice Please Regarding Line Quality

Options
  • 10-03-2008 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I was hoping some of you Web experts came give me some advice please?
    I am currently with UTV Clicksilver on their 2Mb and would like to go to the 3Mb but customer services advise me my line is not good enough, although one guy at UTV told me I could order up to 4Mb and too phone another department, whom then tell my it will be unstable......so I'm a bit confused hence why I'm asking the boards experts, here is some of the details of my line;

244465485.png

Type Interleave Path
    Status SHOWTIME

Downstream Upstream

Data rate(Kbps)
    2048Kb 256Kb

Noise Margin
    24 22

Output power(dBm)
    65533 73

Attenuation(dB)
    37 17

Thanks in advance for all input and advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

I don't think you should have a problem I was using magnet business's 3Mb (eircom bitstream) product. Which much lower SNR margin and higher attenuation (much lower quality line), with out any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Your stats look fine to me, easily good enough for 3m/bit. Unless your line stast are varying alot over time?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If your SNR margin is not varying by alot and its pretty much staying around the number you've quoted then you should have no bother what so ever getting 3MB or even 4MB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Folks, thanks for the replies, I was thinking along they lines, as next door has 3Mb from BT with no issues.
    The line stats don't really change at all so they seem stable, so again thanks folks......off to order 3Mb.

Advertisement