Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Setup

Options
  • 10-03-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

hoping you could help me out here, my mum is with Perlico and she bought a new modem so that she could have wireless broadband, a Dlink modem, cheaper than the one Perlico are offering.
    I'm trying to set it up for her at the moment but getting stuck at the point where I'm configuring the modem and it is telling me to enter the VPI/VCI numbers as instructed by my ISP. The default numbers are 0/35 and these are not working. Perlico say that they will only offer support to their own modems.:mad:
    I have a linksys modem and it automatically detects these numbers, so I have no problem.
    Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

remoh wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

hoping you could help me out here, my mum is with Perlico and she bought a new modem so that she could have wireless broadband, a Dlink modem, cheaper than the one Perlico are offering.
    I'm trying to set it up for her at the moment but getting stuck at the point where I'm configuring the modem and it is telling me to enter the VPI/VCI numbers as instructed by my ISP. The default numbers are 0/35 and these are not working. Perlico say that they will only offer support to their own modems.:mad:
    I have a linksys modem and it automatically detects these numbers, so I have no problem.
    Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Well perilco should be able to tell you the settings you need to connect eircom list them on their website. They dont have to help yout with a different modem but if they are any good they should assist you.

Are you sure that its these settings that are causing the problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭remoh

Just searched through the forums and found these
    Settings are straight forward enough
    USER: one they gave you
    PASS: one they gave you
    MULTIPLEXING METHOD: LLC-BASED
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    IP ADDRESS: Automatic
    DNS: Automatic
    ENCAP: PPPoA

incase anyone else needs them.