Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just a Big Loser?

• 10-03-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Ok so since JBL has returned to the ring does anyone think he's trying too hard to be a heal. I mean hanging Y2J, beating up Hornswoggle and some of his promos have been a bit over the top. Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Personally I always hated the whole JBL gimmick so it doesnt bother me in the slightest what he gets up to.What a load of tosh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

He's a main event promo but a mid-card wrestler whose passed his athletic best in the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

I would rather see JBL in the main event than Triple H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Never liked JBL to begin with, was a rubbish champion, hes a great commentator and i did like he actually put people over on their ability but hes a locker room bully and hasnt an ounce of wrestling ability, never mind this whole wrestling god malarkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

krudler wrote: »
    and hasnt an ounce of wrestling ability, never mind this whole wrestling god malarkey

I read about a good interview he did recently where he said that he can wrestle but that he goes out of his way to make sure there's nothing about him that people can cheer

Here it is: http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/4940/105/
    "To me, it’s just a matter of I don’t do anything that anybody would cheer. I certainly don’t try to. I grew up wrestling in Japan and Europe. I can wrestle, but that doesn’t mean I should. So I don’t do anything - at least I try not to - that people will cheer.”

He's honest about not being great recently in that interview. I think he's a brilliant heel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Prufrock wrote: »
    Ok so since JBL has returned to the ring does anyone think he's trying too hard to be a heal. I mean hanging Y2J, beating up Hornswoggle and some of his promos have been a bit over the top. Thoughts?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean? He IS a heel, be definition he should be doing heelish things!

For me he's an amazing heel, the best that WWE have right now. I can't wait to see what he and Finlay can come up with at Mania. I hope they keep them apart till the night itself and then unleash them on each other. It'll be the sleeper showstealer, I guarantee it, they'll stiff the ever living ****e out of each other and I'll love every second of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean? He IS a heel, be definition he should be doing heelish things!

For me he's an amazing heel, the best that WWE have right now. I can't wait to see what he and Finlay can come up with at Mania. I hope they keep them apart till the night itself and then unleash them on each other. It'll be the sleeper showstealer, I guarantee it, they'll stiff the ever living ****e out of each other and I'll love every second of it.

What I mean is he is trying very hard to get heat. It's kinda forced. I just find it very hard to care about the JBL character.

And not wrestling because it would give the people something to cheer makes no sense. He's a sports entertainer. You don't see great heels like Kurt Angle or HHH or Misawa not wrestling to get crowd heat.

Yeah i always noticed this about JBL, he does come accross as trying to hard, Remember the RDS were he called all Irish Men Gay. But to be honest i think it suits his character. It comes across as old school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think he is a pretty good heel but it was a bad move to take him off commentary. I thought him and Cole were a great team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

And not wrestling because it would give the people something to cheer makes no sense. He's a sports entertainer. You don't see great heels like Kurt Angle or HHH or Misawa not wrestling to get crowd heat.

Everyone can't be the same. Guys like Edge still get cheered and there's loads of people who like him. JBL doesn't want to be like that
    Yeah i always noticed this about JBL, he does come accross as trying to hard, Remember the RDS were he called all Irish Men Gay.

And if I remember right then the reaction that he got meant he was doing the right thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Fozzy wrote: »
    I read about a good interview he did recently where he said that he can wrestle but that he goes out of his way to make sure there's nothing about him that people can cheer

Here it is: http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/4940/105/

He's honest about not being great recently in that interview. I think he's a brilliant heel

Yeah I heard that interview, it was by Brian Fritz for Between The Ropes. JBL came off very well in it. He didn't dodge any questions, didn't shoot on people, and gave some very honest answers.

There was a great bit where he explains the towel and sweat jacket he wears to the ring. he says that he was working out in the gym with his wife and saw some guy wearing a black sweat jacket with a towel around his neck. JBL says this infuriated hi, he thought to himself, 'what a jerk, what an idiotic jerk' then the light bulb appeared above his head and thought, hey, i'll do that.

I think he is the best heel the company has seen since heel Rock around '97/'98, HHH is always touted as being a great natural heel ( and while agree with this to an extent) I feel JBL is a far superior heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You don't see great heels like Kurt Angle or HHH or Misawa not wrestling to get crowd heat.

Cactus Jack did exactly that in ECW and generate incredible heat.

And Misawa as a heel? Enlighten me.:confused:

Advertisement