Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Shops

• 10-03-2008 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Anyone know of any charitys shops that take in clothes,I have afew bags and would prefer to give them away then dump them.

I know the local dump have a clothes bank but not sure wheter they destroy them or give them away.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

There's one beside/behind the Sony Centre on the Tramore Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Theres one in Ballybricken too IIRC (Both shop and clothes bank drop off)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jimmytheman

theres one in Michael st beside fresh food hall
    one in John st at the bridge
    and one in o'connell st oposite kavanaghs electricial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 GoodEnough

thanks for the replys, i dropped them off at the Irish Cancer Society on the quay thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

yay ... somewhere i can offload heaps of my clothes ... do they take other stuff like tvs etc ??!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 GoodEnough

She Devil wrote: »
    yay ... somewhere i can offload heaps of my clothes ... do they take other stuff like tvs etc ??!

Not sure about tv's seemed to be only clothes,
    try advertising in adverts under free stuff sure someone nwill take them off you

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

St. Bridgets Charity shop in the Tramore business park takes furniture and they might take a TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Not sure St. Bridgets take TVs. Dad used to fix tv's for a living and before the parents moved he was ordered to get rid of them, so he brought them along to said charity shop, where they told him they wouldn't take them. It seems the not so well off are a wee bit snobish when it comes to TVs. In the end I think he donated some to a local charity auction, some he brought into that place on O'Connell St. the others the relatives got for nothing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Recycle the TVs - they can be made into new ones. :)

Advertisement