Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to comics

Options
  • 10-03-2008 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Hi there is there any websites where you can read the comics online. Ive just started geting into them but they are mighty expensive on a student budget. Or even a second hand comic store would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

First off welcome to the waky world of comics - they rock

I'm assuming by read comics online you mean mainstream DC/Marvel comics. You should note the chater for the forum says:

Downloading comics : NO discussion of or links relating to illegally downloading comics is allowed, nor is discussion of the channels by which they can be downloaded. Discussion of communities like scans_daily, Comic Book Resources, or Newsarama is allowed within reason.

I would think reading current issues online would be considered the same as downloading them [unless its hosted on the publishers own site which some are] For most of the main DC/Marvel titles they do collected trades [graphic novels] every couple of months which can be a cheaper way of following a title rather then picking it up each month.

I'm also assuming your based in Dublin and you can find a big selection of back issues at story in temple bar - check this thread it lists the address for the store and theres also a map in there somewhere. If not Dublin based there is a comic shop in Waterford that sells back issues.

There are loads of webcomics that are free to read online - again check this thread for some of the ones rec'd by other users of the forum.

Advertisement