Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Period of notice to tenants

Options
  • 10-03-2008 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I have a property rented out in Belfast. The lease is up for the tenants in June and I don't want to renew their lease as I want to sell the house. My question is how long should I give them notice before the lease is up? The tenants have a very young baby which may complicate things.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Because the property is in the North, there's probably different rules as to how much notice is required compared to the South. I know in the South, the length of notice required depends on how long the tenants have occupied the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

I would give a minimum of 3 months to enable them to find alternative accomodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

Yes I think 3 months should be ample time. They have only been in for 9 months.

Advertisement