Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waveriders wins DIFF audience award

Options
  • 10-03-2008 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭

Waveriders won the audience award at the Dublin Film Festival.

It was a great movie, cant wait for it to properly come out.
    Its up there with some of the greats. Great story and really well shot.

The Aileens footage is awesome.
    Great result, its great to see a surf film doing well.

defo recommend catchin it when its released

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'd love to see this. Will it go on any sort of general release or will it be a DVD-only job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

yeah when are we going to be able to see it?

i missed it at the film festival

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Decuc500

To be fair Waveriders won the audience award at the festival because the screening was packed with people who worked on the film and their friends so they all gave it top marks for the audience award. Which kind of makes a mockery of the audience award if a movie with a biased audience can vote for it.

I thought myself that the film didn't know whether to be about the history of the sport or else about the current Irish scene and so fell between the two stories although the footage at the end was pretty spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CDog

Just thought the following would be of interest to some of you:

The film 'Waveriders' will be screened as part of the Galway Film Fleadh on Friday 11th July at 7pm. The film is in competition and key crew and cast will be in attendance. There will be a questions and answers session at the end of the film. For ticket and booking information please go to www.galwayfilmfleadh.com/programme.php?p=friday/wave_riders or www.galwayfilmfleadh.com

I think its on in the omniplex but Im not sure if there are still tickets available. Cant make it myself but enjoy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

CDog wrote: »
    Just thought the following would be of interest to some of you:

The film 'Waveriders' will be screened as part of the Galway Film Fleadh on Friday 11th July at 7pm. The film is in competition and key crew and cast will be in attendance. There will be a questions and answers session at the end of the film. For ticket and booking information please go to www.galwayfilmfleadh.com/programme.php?p=friday/wave_riders or www.galwayfilmfleadh.com

I think its on in the omniplex but Im not sure if there are still tickets available. Cant make it myself but enjoy:D

Yeah i saw it in the Omniplex on Friday, good stuff but most of the movie was documentary about the history of surfing, was interesting but it seemed to me like trying to find a link between surf and Ireland (even though everyone knows we'e alergic to water), good though, the surf off the cliffs was something else.
    I didn't wait around for te Q&A, did I miss anything?

• Advertisement
Advertisement