Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i thought you might like this photo:)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Aye, the aul buses for the Bloom flower show weren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

For those who aren't famillar ... the Green thing people are standing on ... is the cycle lane in the Phoenix Park in Dublin ...

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

For those who aren't famillar ... the Green thing people are standing on ... is the cycle lane in the Phoenix Park in Dublin ...

Bloody hell...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭zorkmundsson

i despair of that cycle-lane, i really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Caroline, will you please send that to someone in Dublin City Council?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Caroline, will you please send that to someone in Dublin City Council?

i second that and the opw and park warden!

It was for a single bank holiday weekend. It's a temporary bus stop. Several of the roads were closed off during the event. Get a grip...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I'm sure I could :) I need to write a nice email to go with it thought... i found that picture on http://www.phoenixparkbook.com/update.htm
    carssS.jpg
    this one is pretty good too

But this was for Bloom fest ... so it's not fair to bitch about it ... Like Verb said ,,, it's only once a year that the bus stop is placed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

buddy I cycle everyday and its full of people, and with the cooncerts, circus and the like in the park its not being observed! also, its full of yummy mummys with buggies lately!

i saw a lad cycling on the walking lane a few weeks back and the rangers like the fecking A Team flew across in thier jeep to give him jibe! he pointed to the full cycle lanes and they still forced him off!

DUMB.......... the lanes seem to be for show!!

If you cycled through the park regularly, you'd know that photo illustrates well the attitude of the authorities to the cycle paths there.
    Verb wrote: »
    It was for a single bank holiday weekend. It's a temporary bus stop. Several of the roads were closed off during the event. Get a grip...

• Advertisement

And how exactly do you know that I don't cycle through the park regularly ? That I don't visit on a Saturday and zoom around on my bike, getting enraged at the evil pedestrians?

This thread is pointless. There have already been several threads discussing the Pheonix park and the OPW attitude towards the cycle lanes.

Were one to complain to an authority, citing the above photo, it would have no effect. It was an out of the ordinary day/weekend, where multiple roads, were closed off. The cycle lane was effectively closed off in this instance as well. Both motorists and cyclist were inconvenienced. It's a public venue, where events are held. Such restrictions are to be expected.

Now, if one was to present photos of an ordinary day where the cycle lane is clogged up with pedestrians, and one can demonstrate the inherent poor design, this may be of use in correspondence with an authority. Not much use here mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DurtyMurty

Youv'e got it wrong :D:D:D

That's the queue of people waiting to see what you were going to do to the kids who were taunting you in the "Leave us be" thread !

I say - Get an aerosol air horn and frighten the lives out of them (Both kids and queue!)

I don't know that but your attitude to people complaining about it ("Get a grip") made me think you must either be denying the problem or defeatist about the possibility of solving it. Now I know it's the latter.
    And how exactly do you know that I don't cycle through the park regularly ? That I don't visit on a Saturday and zoom around on my bike, getting enraged at the evil pedestrians?

This thread is pointless. There have already been several threads discussing the Pheonix park and the OPW attitude towards the cycle lanes.

Were one to complain to an authority, citing the above photo, it would have no effect. It was an out of the ordinary day/weekend, where multiple roads, were closed off. The cycle lane was effectively closed off in this instance as well. Both motorists and cyclist were inconvenienced. It's a public venue, where events are held. Such restrictions are to be expected.

Now, if one was to present photos of an ordinary day where the cycle lane is clogged up with pedestrians, and one can demonstrate the inherent poor design, this may be of use in correspondence with an authority. Not much use here mind you.

I don't know that but your attitude to people complaining about it ("Get a grip") made me think you must either be denying the problem or defeatist about the possibility of solving it. Now I know it's the latter.

You determine that I am defeatist by me stating that posting misleading photos on the boards.ie cycling forums will not effect change. If you think otherwise, well, not much I can say about that.

This is also despite my constructive (non-defeatist!) suggestion that genuine photos be taken and discourse entered with the relevant authority, using these photos as backup, rather than simply repeating well worn complaints ad nauseam.

Well, one could hardly be blamed for interpreting statements like "This thread is pointless" as defeatist but, despite saying that, you have ended up staying with the thread, so fair enough!

Returning to the subject of the discussion, I don't see anything misleading about the original photo, or about the context in which it was posted. The thing depicted happened and even if it was a "special occasion" (as if that were an incontestable justification), it does say something about the attitude of the authorities to the cycle paths in the park. So I still think sending it is a good idea. Sure, include other photos too by all means, but that one is certainly relevant, and I don't think it should be dismissed simply because it's extreme.
    You determine that I am defeatist by me stating that posting misleading photos on the boards.ie cycling forums will not effect change. If you think otherwise, well, not much I can say about that.

This is also despite my constructive (non-defeatist!) suggestion that genuine photos be taken and discourse entered with the relevant authority, using these photos as backup, rather than simply repeating well worn complaints ad nauseam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Advertisement