Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c boardmann in halfords

Options
  • 10-03-2008 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

hey
    thinking a buying a chris boardman as seen in the link here:
    http://www.boardmanbikes.com/

its the "team" model i want. , i cant post teh link cos the website is in flash or something.
    the bike is said to be good value.
    but i am not sure, wat do u think?
    it seem s to have incredible specification for the money?
    its 750 euro in halfords. i m wondering if its a good deal, or i can get something similar somewhere, cos im not too gone on the workmanship of this teenage mechanics since they will be assembling the bike.
    thanks in advance,
    ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

€750 for the TEAM model? are you sure? it says £899 on the site you linked to, which would seem more in keeping with the spec.

if, on the other hand, halfords has a promotion on (or the staff have simply made a serious cock up with the pricing-gun (not impossible)) and you can get an ultegra equipped bike for €750 then i'd be tempted myself. very tempted. which branch of halford's are you talking about? i've never seen one of these bikes in the flesh and i'd like to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

ya im absolutely sure, i just checked there now, its definite!
    pm e if u want me to put a deposit down on in one,pm me if ur interested

niceonetom wrote: »
    €750 for the TEAM model? are you sure? it says £899 on the site you linked to, which would seem more in keeping with the spec.

if, on the other hand, halfords has a promotion on (or the staff have simply made a serious cock up with the pricing-gun (not impossible)) and you can get an ultegra equipped bike for €750 then i'd be tempted myself. very tempted. which branch of halford's are you talking about? i've never seen one of these bikes in the flesh and i'd like to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

which team? road/mountain/hybrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

There is a TEAM Hybrid at £499 so I am guessing that is more likely than the road bike (listed at £899.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

noblestee wrote: »
    which team? road/mountain/hybrid?

bloody good question... that i never even thought to ask. i want a road bike. if they're €750 i'd be all over that.

also which branch?

the blanch branch (say that three times quickly) has no boardman bikes, least it didn't on saturday when i was in there buying tubes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

niceonetom wrote: »
    bloody good question... that i never even thought to ask. i want a road bike. if they're €750 i'd be all over that.

also which branch?

the blanch branch (say that three times quickly) has no boardman bikes, least it didn't on saturday when i was in there buying tubes.

only certain halfords stock high end bikes, ive noticed that blanch stock up to about a grand, where as carrickmines stock up to 3 grand.

id buy that bike asap because when they find out its priced wrong(idiots somthing like that should jump out at you) it will be changed.
    also afaik they are doing e75 of accessories free when you spend over so much, are you sure it wasnt this you saw...e75.00
    e750.000 easy to mistake , when you get all excited:D

just noticed they do Rocky mountain too!!
    must be one of the few stockists in the country.

also , has anybody heard of nakamura bikes, i was talking to a woman that insists her bike is worth, e2grand??she says its a nakamura, only ones i can find on google are heaps of ****e.

Advertisement