Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting an Xbox 360 to LCD TV

• 10-03-2008 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I treated myself to a 52" Sharpe LCD TV last week but I've got a problem. The cabel I got with my 360 is the one with the 6 plugs & the switch for choosing between TV & HDTV. I followed the instructions in the xbox manual but it doesn't work. I've connected the red, blue & green plugs to the componet cable that is going into EXT3 on the TV. The problem is is that I can't get sound due to the audio input being on EXT4. I'm wondering if it's possible to buy a cable that comes directly from the xbox and goes into one of the HDMI sockets on the back to the TV? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if i'm understanding you correctly. what you have to do is to connect the other leads into the back as well (so 5 will be connected to the back in total)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

You understand correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

If you have a HDMI xbox you can put your sound and vision though that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tomm1077

I have put all 5 in the back of the TV but the only audio inputs for the TV are on EXT4 & the red, blue & green components are on EXT3. I was wondering if there was an xbox cable with a HDMI plug on the end of it. I rang gamestop today & they weren't sure if there was one & that if there was, that my xbox might be up to date enough to use a HDMI lead. Does anyone know where I can get these cables if they do exist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Have you the model number of the TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Picture from rear of Sharp Aquos LCD. More then likely nothing like yours but should help out. This set has all you need labeled under one input so you can't go wrong. Beside your R\G\B input you have to have an audio input close to it but not the one you're using ie ext4. The back of my set has two sets of audio input side by side,one dedicated to an ext number but the other one is a bog standard audio input not tied to any ext number.(example in yellow box) It's usually marked audio input or could have a circle with an arrow pointing into the circle.

Post a picture of the rear connections if you can. I can't believe a TV could hit the market these days without the necessary audio inputs.

Advertisement