Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

07 Ford Focus

Options
  • 10-03-2008 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am thinking of changing my car at the minute, I currently have an Audi TT which I have nearly had for 1 year, I do a lot of mileage over a year so I normally change cars every year.

The car I am currently looking at is a 07 Ford Focus 1.6 3dr around 22k, 15k miles. Can anyone give me any feedback on this car, pros, cons etc etc.

I know the new shaped Focus is just released but not really interested in buying a new car at the moment. If anyone could give me feedback that would be great, the main reason for buying a ford is that they are fairly reliable and look very nice and as I am only 24 looks a bit sporty also.

If anyone can give me any comments on the Focus or recommend anything else that would be great, I am gettting killed with insurance at the moment so that is a big factor also in the choice of car.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    AM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I can't comment on the Focus but surely if you do a lot of mileage a decent diesel would be worth considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anto318

I do a lot of mileage but most of it is work related so it is reimbursable so fuel consumption isn't too concerning.

What I am interested in is reliability, looks and just overall package.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Anto318 wrote: »
    I do a lot of mileage but most of it is work related so it is reimbursable so fuel consumption isn't too concerning.

What I am interested in is reliability, looks and just overall package.

I would seriously consider a diesel though as depreciation on a high mileage petrol car will be steap and your company may not reimburse you for that. Also a diesel will hold it's resale value better.

Going from a TT to a Focus is going to be some culture shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭buzzard

Anto,

I purchased a 5dr 07 Focus Zetec Connection for €19850 with only 7k on the clock last November

The only downsize is that the 1.4 engine is a little underpowered but it drives well and is very comfortable even with the lowered suspension. The Zetec Connection comes with keyless entry, 17"alloys, bluetooth and climate control.

I would have no problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Anto318

Bazz, yeah it will be a culture shock but I'm not an aggressive, speedy driver so don't really mind going for a smaller engine.

The car I am thinking of looking at is a 3dr 1.6 Zetec 07 version of the Focus

Thanks again for your advice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I have an identical car.

I've had no issues with it at all, and it's good fun to drive.

I assume it's a Zetec Connection model you are looking at for that money? The connection pack is great - bluetooth, keyless, enhanced alloys, auto lights and wipers, climate instead of a/c etc. It also has better seats and uprated suspension.

Running costs are low. 40mpg is achievable on long runs.

It will be a good bit more sedate and less dramatic than your TT however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

bazz26 wrote: »
    I would seriously consider a diesel though as depreciation on a high mileage petrol car will be steap and your company may not reimburse you for that. Also a diesel will hold it's resale value better.

Going from a TT to a Focus is going to be some culture shock.

You're right about the culture shock.
    You're buying a car that is sporty to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

groupb wrote: »
    You're right about the culture shock.
    You're buying a car that is sporty to drive.

I know, I have one. ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Hi all,

I am thinking of changing my car at the minute, I currently have an Audi TT which I have nearly had for 1 year, I do a lot of mileage over a year so I normally change cars every year.

The car I am currently looking at is a 07 Ford Focus 1.6 3dr around 22k, 15k miles. Can anyone give me any feedback on this car, pros, cons etc etc.

I know the new shaped Focus is just released but not really interested in buying a new car at the moment. If anyone could give me feedback that would be great, the main reason for buying a ford is that they are fairly reliable and look very nice and as I am only 24 looks a bit sporty also.

If anyone can give me any comments on the Focus or recommend anything else that would be great, I am gettting killed with insurance at the moment so that is a big factor also in the choice of car.

Thanks in advance,
    AM

i have a 2005 1.6 turbo diesel zetec 5 door with sports suspension , 108 bhp complete with a host of extras to boot
    you wouldnt believe how nippy it is , superb handling , corners like shes on rails

paid 18 k cash for it when it was a yr old with 4000 miles on clock, minute damage on door which cost 300 euro to panel beat

id go for a model like this if i was you instead of a petrol , besides you mentioned you like a sporty looking car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭sk8board

I agree with Buzzard and Co, go with the Connection pack.

however, 22k seems VERY expensive for an '07. We paid 22.8k NEW for the slightly more expensive 5-door 1.6 Zetec.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,
    AM

I have the exact same model (1.6 zetec, 3dr), but an 05. Hassle free, sturdy, reliable (so far so good anyway). I also came from an Audi (A3) and what you'll notice is that the cabin is not as well built, big deal. Customer service is 100%, which is about 100% better than Audi customer service :D Great car to drive, great gear box, great suspension and sturdy feel to it. Car turns into a van (no exageration there) when needed by folding down seats. Would highly recommend it. Mine was 24K new in 2005, so I think 22K for a 1 yr old with 15K miles on the clock is a bit steep, defo room for haggling there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I have the same model... 2006 reg, 1.6 Zetec, 3-door, bluetooth, keyless entry, 16" alloys, A/C, sports suspension etc. Nice sporty look to it as well.

It is a joy to drive... I love it. Very responsive in 2nd and especially 3rd gear. Handles like a dream. Nice driving position as well.

Interior is nice for the price of the car. Seats are very comfortable with great support. I would highly recommend going for one...

Advertisement