Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynasty Warriors

Options
  • 10-03-2008 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

I have played a six of these games, and they are getting very repetitive! all they do is add more characters and repeat chapters with new unlockables, the AI is the worst! you see a group of five soldiers bouncing about on the spot starring into the distance and doing nothing. Please no more...who buys these games? I know the Japanese are mad into the whole series of games...:mad:

Do you own all of these games? I certainly dont!

-Dynasty Warriors
    -Dynasty Warriors 2
    -Dynasty Warriors 3
    -Dynasty Warriors 3: Xtreme Legends
    -Dynasty Warriors 4
    -Dynasty Warriors 4: Xtreme Legends
    -Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires
    -Dynasty Warriors PSP
    -Dynasty Warriors 5
    -Dynasty Warriors Advance
    -Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper
    -Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends
    -Dynasty Warriors 5 Special
    -Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires
    -Dynasty Warriors Vol. 2
    -Dynasty Warriors BB
    -Dynasty Warriors DS: Fighter's Battle
    -Dynasty Warriors 6

Same thing really...

-Dynasty Warriors Mahjong
    -Warriors Orochi
    -Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
    -Samurai Warriors

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wikipedia wrote:
    The series is often criticized for its repetitive gameplay, yet sale count is always extremely high among most games in the series. At one time these games were the highest selling series in Japan.
    Thats why they keep making them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

"I have played a six of these games, and they are getting very repetitive!"

"Please no more...who buys these games?"

Erm, you? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    "I have played a six of these games, and they are getting very repetitive!"

"Please no more...who buys these games?"

Erm, you? :rolleyes:
    Played...I never 'bought' i have a friend that buys them all, and will defend the games to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You forgot Bladestorm on your list. But that is actually adds some new things to the games.

I actually like the games. They are repetative, but that's because they're an easy money spinner for the developers. I'm considering getting part 6 since I haven;t played the others since part 2 and 6 adds some nice features and since I haven't played the others in the series, it's a big change from the one I played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

My wife loves them, pretty much the only game series she sticks with. Right now she's hooked on #5 Empires on the 360. I think they're just easy to pickup and mess around with for a short time, with a little more tactical depth than a normal beat 'em up. But yup Koei need a good beating with an originality stick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

enjoyed dynasty warriors 4 alot mainly cause I was intrested in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms saga and enjoyed playing various battles from diffrent characters perspectives felt they went down hill from there and they start putting less effort into the future incarnations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

enjoyed dynasty warriors 4 alot mainly cause I was intrested in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms saga and enjoyed playing various battles from diffrent characters perspectives felt they went down hill from there and they start putting less effort to the future incarnations.
    Dynasty Warriors 3 was the first i played, i really enjoyed it, because i never experienced a fast fighting game like it, And 4 added new features with new enemys. But after that...it was the same sh*t different day.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I LLLLLLLove the series. I have no idea how I love it so much. But I get such a happy face playing them. I have played all of the main series (except DW7 but that's on the way to my letterbox as I'm typing this post).

I even still own the very first game on PS1 which was nothing like the games you see nowadays. It was a 1v1 fighting game that utilized the use of weapons (much like Battle Arena Toshinden and Soul Blade/Calibur)

I currently own

Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires
    Dynasty Warriors 6
    Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires
    Samurai Warriors 2
    Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends
    Samurai Warriors 2: Empires
    Warriors Orochi 2

and I also own both Gundam spin-offs.

I guess I just adore Hack & Slash beat 'em ups.

I actually re-purchased a PS2 about a year ago so I must re-buy DW2, 3, 3XL, 4, 4XL, 4E, 5 & 5XL

I have pretty fast button fingers aswell so playin these games are a breeze for me and I barely notice the fact that it is a bit repetitive. Can't deny that it IS repetitive, but people like me tolerate it alot beter. Especially since I've grown up with the games basically.

But yeah. Keep 'em coming, I say. The fact that they've FINALLY added the Jin Dynasty in the 7th installment really pleases me as I've read so much about it (via the encyclopedia section in one of the games aswell as wikipedia). I HEART Dynasty Warriors. Oh god I'm such a geek! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

humanji wrote: »
    You forgot Bladestorm on your list. But that is actually adds some new things to the games.

I actually like the games. They are repetative, but that's because they're an easy money spinner for the developers. I'm considering getting part 6 since I haven;t played the others since part 2 and 6 adds some nice features and since I haven't played the others in the series, it's a big change from the one I played.

Beware the Renbu system! I hated that thing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I played 3, 5, 6 and currently own 7. They are fun for an hour of mindless hack and slash but the fact that its the same story every game and the gameplay is very similiar from game to game its getting old very fast for me. Barely played any of part 7. The otherhalf liked to play them so its partly the reason i bought em...

Oh a similiar note, the Sengoku Basara series which is developed by Capcom will steal the hack and slash crown if they put more effort into finishing their games... They released the most recent game before it was fully polished due to time constraits and thus released it as a budget title for 30 Euro. All the characters are unique, zero clones, and they play similiar to games like Devil May Cry with custom combos, linking and cancels, ect ect...

Might be difficult to get in Dublin since its pretty rare outside of Japan. The first 2 games where called Devil Kings 1 and 2 when they released in the west on PS2.

Sorry for Hijacking this thread :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement