Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Album of the Week #30 - Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yay, finally here! What a great album. Love every second of it, especially Geek USA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Great album. Love every second of it as well.

Hummer is the highlight for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

This album is better than Mellon Collie!
    you all know its true!

Soma and Luna are my favourite tracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

It's good but it's no Mellon Collie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

John wrote: »

What you said. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ikey82

I love this album. All of the song is great!

Billy is a genius!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

This is a fantastic album, I'm delighted it's been rewarded with Album of The Week status. What stood out for me the most when I heard it first was the dynamic nature of most of the songs. The guitar playing is very hard and heavy at times and yet Billy Corgan's voice wouldn't be out of place on an album of lullabies at times :).
    Highlights of the album for me are Soma (which I still can't believe they manage to pull off live), Mayonaise, Quiet and of course Today. That intro riff is timeless and instantly recognisable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

What you said. :pac:

Siamese fine album, but neither of them beat Gish ;)

Gish is meh at best. Some good bits but definitely my least favourite Pumpkins album.

Gish is meh at best. Some good bits but definitely my least favourite Pumpkins album.
    Do you prefer Adore? That's easily my least favourite Pumpkins album although Machina isn't too far behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

tarja turunen my winter storm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

i know ur going to take the micj but i must say cezch beer is great need i say no more lol

malice_ wrote: »
    Do you prefer Adore? That's easily my least favourite Pumpkins album although Machina isn't too far behind.

I love Adore, it's in my top three (along with Mellon Collie and Siamese Dream). It's a gem of an album that loads of people seem to write off for unknown reasons.

I love Adore, it's in my top three (along with Mellon Collie and Siamese Dream). It's a gem of an album that loads of people seem to write off for unknown reasons.
    Well I can't speak for others but I hated it when it was released because it's feel was far removed from the rocking elements of Mellon Collie. I also didn't like the way they changed their look but I can't blames the album for that :).
    Taken on it's own merits I suppose it's not bad. "Ava Adore" and "Apples and Oranges" aren't bad songs but I wanted heavier guitar-driven songs more along the lines of Siamese Dream rather than the synthy electronic feel that I got.

That's fair enough but for them to go through such a radical change away from the huge pomp of Mellon Collie and still create a fantastic album is impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I cant agree with you more, Adore always gets bashed but as an album its a great listen.

That's fair enough but for them to go through such a radical change away from the huge pomp of Mellon Collie and still create a fantastic album is impressive.
    Whether it's fantastic or not is open to interpretation and taking three years after Mellon Collie they had plenty of time to produce something and I think I'm right in saying that Billy Corgan has always been a prolific song writer. I agree that changing their sound so radically is impressive though.

Now can we get back to the Siamese Dream love-in? :D

Advertisement