Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N3/N4 Link

Options
  • 10-03-2008 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I seen a bit of digging going on on the Clonee - Lucan road that looks like a new road. :confused:
    The only reference I found is here http://www.fingalcoco.ie/minutes/meeting_doc.aspx?id=3729

N3/N4 Link - Hansfield to Leixlip

Does any know where I can get more information on this?
    Like the time to finish - or what stages will be completed first.

It appears from what I found it will eventually be a N2/N3/N4 link and will use the new Damastown to Ballycoolin link road.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I spoke to Cllr. Michael O'Donovan (Lab) on this very topic just before Christmas. Cllr. O'Donovan said that this road had not even enter into the planning stage. Cllr. O'Donovan said that he would promote this issue with the officials of the Fingal Co. Co. Roads Dept, over the coming months.

Judging by the allocation of E100,000 to appoint a consultant mentioned in the Fingal link in the post above. It's going to be a long time before anything concrete happens.

An N3/N4 link road is much needed as the amount of traffic using the likes of Tinkershill, Laraghcon, Westmanstown road and Clonsilla Level Crossing, so as to travel between Lucan and Clonsilla/D15 on a daily basis in my own opinion are well above levels that would be considered safe.

I will ask Cllr.O'Donovan if there has been any progress on this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭macronot

Thanks for the Info

It looks like they have the layout done all the way to Leixlip near the springfield.

I have also seen gate sites on the Confey road at the turn off the Clonee/ Lucan Road and in Leixlip near the Springfield Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

macronot wrote: »
    Thanks for the Info

It looks like they have the layout done all the way to Leixlip near the springfield.

I have also seen gate sites on the Confey road at the turn off the Clonee/ Lucan Road and in Leixlip near the Springfield Hotel.

Could this be the water works they have been doing recently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Could this be the water works they have been doing recently ?

Yea , this is a new water mains running from Ballycollin to Leixlip

Advertisement