Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WHat happens during Bike driving test

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

MargeS wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what type of techie questions they ask, for example, coolant level, oil level, break fluid, etc?

They asked me how I check, and adjust my chain. How to check how much life is left in the brakepads. How to check the oil and brake fluid levels. How to check my tires, and what to check (pressure, damage, wear etc)

and how often to do each of the checks

Not sure it gets more techical then that, but I was surprised at how many my particular tester asked me

MargeS wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what type of techie questions they ask, for example, coolant level, oil level, break fluid, etc?

They will almost definately ask about the chain, even if your bike doesn't have one. I had a dragstar 650 when I did my test which had a shaft drive. Yer man asked about the chain, I pointed out the shaft and started to tell him about how I would check the oil in the final gear case at which point he says I don't care what your bike has, tell me how to check your chains slack :rolleyes: Feckin eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icemanjimbo04

Lots of helpfull advice here thanks guys.

I was just wondering what is the correct procedure when pulling off or performing a U-Turn:

1) Mirror, Indicate, Lifesaver, Maneuver

or

2) Mirror, Lifesaver, Indicate, Maneuver.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Definitely:
    Mirror, Indicate, Lifesaver, Maneuver

The last thing you do is look over your shoulder before you move off, change lanes, or move into a postion to turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Well, I passed my test today, and now I know what techie questions they ask!

• Advertisement
Advertisement