Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tiny Taxi Plates

Options
  • 10-03-2008 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I've noticed a few taxis driving around with tiny roof signs on the roof. I can't seem to find out where to go to get these fitted. I have a few taxis on the road and would like to fit them with these small roof signs. Has anyone any ideas or will I have to flag down one of these taxis and ask the driver? Doubt he'd be overly impressed with me wasting his time though...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I thought Cox in Robinhood had the sole agency for Dublin taxi roof signs. Or has that changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Auto Consulting

No there are a few places supplying and fitting roof signs, meters and printers. You'll notice the taxis on the road have various shapes and sizes of roof signs. The really small ones look the best and would be the easiest to handle, and less likely to blow off on the motorway. They probably have smaller magnetic strips and therefore damage your roof less too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Doubt he'd be overly impressed with me wasting his time though...
    Get in and let him run the meter! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Knock on the window and ask him, then give him a fiver? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Auto Consulting

Stephen wrote: »
    Knock on the window and ask him, then give him a fiver? :)

Not a bad idea, cheaper than going 1 km down the raod!

• Advertisement
Advertisement