Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Caterers

Options
  • 10-03-2008 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi !

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place or if it should be under food and drink somewhere. :confused:

Just wondering does anyone know of any good caterers around Dublin, preferably in the Dublin 15/Blanchardstown area. Throwing a surprise 50th birthday party for my Dad in June and the venue is quite small. My Mum was going to cook the food along with her sister but they're talking about going for Lasagnes and Curries and Chilli's with rice and stuff, which seems like an awful lot of trouble. The venue doesnt supply the likes of equipment to keep the food warm as it's only really a small pub. I'm thinking a catering company might be better, which would mean they wouldnt have to worry too much on the day.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated !!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ciararua

Hi Suzy,
    I'm a caterer based in Dublin and I tend to do small parties, birthdays, christenings etc.
    If they don't have any way of keeping things hot for you at the venue you might be better getting a cold buffet, with baked ham, salads quiches etc. This is handy as you're not tied to a certain time to serve the food and can decide to play it by ear depending on how your party is going! If you are still looking for someone send me a PM and we can chat.
    Good luck with your party.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

Ciararua wrote: »
    Hi Suzy,
    I'm a caterer based in Dublin and I tend to do small parties, birthdays, christenings etc.
    If they don't have any way of keeping things hot for you at the venue you might be better getting a cold buffet, with baked ham, salads quiches etc. This is handy as you're not tied to a certain time to serve the food and can decide to play it by ear depending on how your party is going! If you are still looking for someone send me a PM and we can chat.
    Good luck with your party.:)

Hi Ciararua !!! :)

Thanks for the advice and the offer but we actually found a caterer who's going to do a great selection of hot and cold food and obviously supply the equipment needed to keep the food hot or what ever. And we happen to sort of know the people that own it too so it's all good !!! Can't wait for the party now !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi

Just wondering how your caterer was and if you would recommend them.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

Hi Suzy,
    Could you pm me that caterer as Im looking for someone in D15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

Carm200 wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering how your caterer was and if you would recommend them.
    Thanks

Hey !

Party's still 3 weeks away so not 100% sure yet, but I'm sure they'll be ok. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Shelmar

Doing a search for a caterer - having a party in the house end of May and looking for a recommendation. Came across your thread, I know it was 2008 but just wondering what caterer you used and how did it work out.

Advertisement