Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I know the answer is prob 'NO', but here goes (chernobyl, anyone??)

• 10-03-2008 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here has ever been to the exclusion zone around the Chernobyl power plant? Ive wanted to see Pripyat since i first heard about the infamous dead city, there are tours that go from Kiev to pripyat for 60 odd euro. But to be honest i wouldnt know where to begin. Ive looked on pripyat.com forums, they arrange trips to the zone once a month or so. Tbh id be a bit wary going somewhere like that on my own, id be afraid of waking up in a bathtub sans kidneys. Anyone ever been to kiev or pripyat??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I reckon you are like me, a person who likes to dabble with a new coin phrase "dark tourism", which involves visiting places with tragic histories like ground zero, Auschwitz etc.

Unfortunetly I dont know anything about it, but its sometinhg Id love to do in a few years time, if its safe enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

you could contact macspower, he is involved in charity work in chernobyl and has been there a few times, so would certainly be able to answer all your questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

love to do this aswell, i have been drawn to some weird places, bosnia, killing fields , Auschwitz, and would love to do chernobyl.. app there is a full fairground on the site with bumpercars etc... pics on the web...

why you want to go?

ronan

Advertisement