Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV new price plan

Options
  • 10-03-2008 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Just got off the phone with UTv and they said that I can now start paying less for my broadband which was 39.99 a month ( I signed up ages ago) for there new price plan which is 23.99.

All you have to do is email admin@u.tv with ur details saying you wih to change to the new price and that you agree to the terms and conditions.

Hope this helps someone ;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

So lets take a guess....they'll tie you into another 12 month CONtract, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I doubt it, they only used charge extra for customers leaving within 6 months, which is not huge amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Having been with them until I changed to Smart a few weeks ago, yes they'll tie you to another 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Sconsey

So the options are to take the new plan and save 16 Euro a month but sign a 12 month contract or stick with paying an extra 16 Euro but quit whenever you want....unless you are planning to move ISP anytime soon you'd be kind of mad not to take them up on the offer.

I took a similar offer from UTV a while back and have save myself a good bit of money as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Theres no way this should be allowed. If we had a regulator in Ireland this wouldn't be let happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Theres no way this should be allowed. If we had a regulator in Ireland this wouldn't be let happen.

We do have a regulator lol - conreg - fat load of good it does. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm curious where people are getting the idea of a 12 month contract, my interesting is all UTV's packages are 6 not 12 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

carbsy wrote: »
    We do have a regulator lol - conreg - fat load of good it does. :rolleyes:
    Of course I am aware of Comreg, but like I said If we had a regulator this wouldn't be allowed happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭cauliflower69

After further investigation you do have to sign a new contract but for that price difference why would you complain. I've never had a problem with them and i d/l alot of stuff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭manc

UTV don't have any contracts, you just have to pay €59.99 if you leave within 6 months or €29.99 anytime after 6 months

from admin@u.tv when I changed my tariff last week.

"As per our terms and conditions there is no contract period.
    Please visit http://u.tv/UTV_Internet/Residential/ClicksilverBroadband/legal_information.asp for our cancellation fees explained."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

Just got this reply from them after I asked to change tariff!

It is not company policy to migrate all our existing customers to new tariffs as we can not assume that all customers are willing to accept the terms and conditions of changing their tariff. Some of the terms and conditions may have changed from the time when you first signed up and I can not assume that all customers are willing to begin a new contract. Therefore no credit can be issued.

Before I proceed with the migration to the new Clicksilver PLus 3MB tariff at 23.99 per month I must advise you that you will automatically begin a new contract.

Please confirm by reply that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions of the service and wish to proceed with the migration to the new Clicksilver Plus 3MB tariff?

They changed the price of my tariff so I have to enter a second contract for the same deal! 2 contracts for the 1 deal!

No mention of the 13.99 for 1st 3 months or free wireless router! All this even after they told me on the phone that I wouldn't have to!

I wont sign any contract until I am sure that they will upgrade my line speed when that comes into effect!

Time for a nasty letter to comreg I think!

Clearly they are not going to give you the 13.99 or the wireless router as those are bait for new customers. What they do, whether you like it or not is impose the rules about paying €59.99 if you leave within 6 months or €29.99 anytime after 6 months. Since you would already have to pay the €29.99, unless on a really old (and expensive) deal, then effectively the price they extract for the change is that you agree to stay for 6 months or pay and extra €30 for leaving. Cute indeed. But a bank will also do this, if they open a new type of account you have to sign for that, with its T&Cs, they don't just give you the deal on your existing account.

Any new contract would be null and void if they didn't actually upgrade the speed.

I apologise for my earlier statement just recieved a mail stating that it was doen and will take effect from 1st April.

Great company to deal with ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I apologise for my earlier statement just recieved a mail stating that it was doen and will take effect from 1st April.

Great company to deal with ;)

Although I think if you stay on the current price plan, your speeds will be upgraded before June? (2Mb to 3MB, and 3Mb to 7Mb) (I think?)

Or can we still get the speeds upgrades even after we go onto the cheaper plan?

My understanding is that the speed increase will be applied to all resellers, and wouldn't be related to what you are paying for the service.

ardmacha wrote: »
    Clearly they are not going to give you the 13.99 or the wireless router as those are bait for new customers. What they do, whether you like it or not is impose the rules about paying €59.99 if you leave within 6 months or €29.99 anytime after 6 months. Since you would already have to pay the €29.99, unless on a really old (and expensive) deal, then effectively the price they extract for the change is that you agree to stay for 6 months or pay and extra €30 for leaving. Cute indeed. But a bank will also do this, if they open a new type of account you have to sign for that, with its T&Cs, they don't just give you the deal on your existing account.

Any new contract would be null and void if they didn't actually upgrade the speed.

A bank wouldn't tell you the interest rate dropped but if you want it you have to sign a new contract! Checked there T&C's on the old contract and the new contract and both are identical! I'm not letting this one go until UTV sort it out without shafting me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 littleCave

nacimroc wrote: »
    A bank wouldn't tell you the interest rate dropped but if you want it you have to sign a new contract! Checked there T&C's on the old contract and the new contract and both are identical! I'm not letting this one go until UTV sort it out without shafting me!

interesting... let us know how you get on. I'm having a bit of fun with them at the minute.

nacimroc wrote: »

Wouldn't like to get on your bad side m8y.

Stick it to them ;)

I contacted UTV on March 7th about the contract as well as the fact my line is a 2mbit when it should be a 3mbit. I got one reply 2 days later saying they will get back to me.

I paid for 2 months on a 3 Mbit line. I got 3 weeks on a 2 mbit line. All for the SAME price.

I' not even goin to talk about the fact they took 1 month to move my line as they forgot to send in application for 2 weeks. Cowboys!

What is it with them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement