Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy Series

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭protos

Went for foundation series as well out of the available options.

In my opinion the best SF series is the inhibitor series from Alistair Reynolds - I know his dialogue and character building are pretty crap, but when it comes to hard boiled space opera I think he's the best.

I also recently finished the Stephen Baxter series Destiny's Children - and I thought it was excellent. It gets off to a slow start with 'Coalescent' but really takes off after that.

Never could see what people liked about Pratchett or Douglas Adams - I always found the humour to be very forced - apart from 'Mostly Harmless' which was hilarious ...... different folks different strokes.

EDIT : and Peter Hamilton - My God - what a pile of sh*t. Bought some of his books as recommended by some threads on this forum and the one I tried to read was awful !!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

What about Terry Goodkind's Sword Of Truth series?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Darkstrike wrote: »
    What about Terry Goodkind's Sword Of Truth series?
    It wasn't included in the poll because it's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Has to be The Culture series, although had The Nights Dawn series been there, it would have got my vote, Peter F Hamiltion wrote the best SF series so far with those ones.
    John Birmighams Axis of Time series was great too.

/me agrees

Advertisement