Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA IV (XBox 360 & PS3) - £34.99 [Amazon.co.uk]

• 10-03-2008 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Great price for it!

618wDHMrnOL._AA280_.jpg
    PS3

51zRl6i42jL._AA280_.jpg
    XBox 360

And always remember that if Amazon changes the price of the pre-order in next 30 days, they'll refund you the difference. I got a couple more euro off The X-Files boxset because of this.

EDIT: GamePlay.co.uk deal:

PS3
    XBox 360

It's priced at £39.99 but use voucher code 'dt7aquwhf ' and it's take a £5 off. And international postage is £2.95 so it works out at £37.94 (or €49.59)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Works out at £42.06 including VAT and shipping - is that right?

Since when did Amazon start charging £7 for shipping! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Everyone is charging more these days ,we pay more than the sterling list price aswell ,because we are irish(special:rolleyes:)

They still work out the same as play most of the time, when you include the shipping.

I like amazon's quick delivery.:)

Well.. Amazon aren't really as guilty of this as other online merchants (Play, BlahDVD etc.).

But I did notice the price increased from £34.99 to £36.03 when I logged in.. but their shipping charges was never as high as £7. I've ordered from them tons of times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I find myself using amazon more often ,I think there might be an element of insurance in that price.

As far as I can remeber ,last week a triple DVD pack cost me £2.40 in shipping.

Amazon have also refunded me for an undelivered item before ,very quickly aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

No way am i ordering this online,

I refuse to risk not getting it on release day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

WellyJ wrote: »
    No way am i ordering this online,

I refuse to risk not getting it on release day.

Well if Vice city is anything to go by you are risking it by hoping to get it instore on release day.I scoured Cork city on release day for that,Smyths,Game and Virgin ALL sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The thing with amazon is single purchases cost more...I think they do this to encourage multiple buys in an order.
    The 7 quid you talk of is actually the VAT figure (£7.30) added to the order total including the shipping, at Irish rate (21%) instead of UK rate (17.5%)...the actualy shipping is £3.99 handling on video games plus 99p per item...so the postage is more like £5.85 inc VAT.
    Which is still ridiculous tbqfh.
    Out of interest I looked back at old order emails from them...have the one for Vice City (Dec 02 :eek: ) and even back then they were charging £2.50 habdling on video games and 99p per item...so I suppose a 1.50 increase in 5 years isn't so bad.
    I just use super saver delivery to mates in the North now, but I don't like hassling them so only do it a few times a year...saves a lot and handy for electronics...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Bros123 wrote: »
    Well if Vice city is anything to go by you are risking it by hoping to get it instore on release day.I scoured Cork city on release day for that,Smyths,Game and Virgin ALL sold out.

It's called preordering the game with your loyalty card ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I doubt it well sell out on the ps3 anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Why wont it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

WellyJ wrote: »
    It's called preordering the game with your loyalty card ;)

I did and they STILL didn't have enough.
    It's called demand over supply;):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

I doubt it well sell out on the ps3 anyways
    Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Why wont it?

People with both consoles, like meself, will be plumping for the Xbox 360 version. Not because of achievements and that, but because of the exclusive downloadable content that was promised last year.

The official line, if I remember right, was that Xbox Live was more robust for DLC, not the big brown envelope that Microsoft gave them ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Not true. I've both consoles but I'm grabbing the ps3 version. One of the best parts of GTA for me has always been the audio from the sounds on the street to the DJs to the music, so there is no way i'm gonna let my 360's hoover like noise ruin that for me. (plus saving 20 quid by preordering on Video Games Plus helps too :))

Couldn't care less about downloadable episodic content. The main story is gonna be on the retail disc and that's all i'm interested in.

Lads.. could we maybe keep on topic about the actual Bargain Alert.

I've updated the original post with a new BA for the game. Order it at GamePlay.co.uk with a voucher code, and you can get it for £37.94 (or €49.59). It's a great price (because I can wait a week or so for it and i'm not hoping hope of Tesco getting it in at €50 like most peopla are).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

How are ye getting Amazon.co.uk to deliver to the Republic. Lst time I ordered PC games and DVD's it would not send the games.

Advertisement