Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christianity vs. Islam III - The Final Showdown

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

DinoBot wrote: »
    -- you do not know these people so you can't testify as to their motives for saying what they saw. How can you really say nobody lied ? Do you take every word in the bible as truth and directly from god? If not, how do you decide what is true and what is not ?

Why does god let it happen ? I think the religious answer is free-will.

They could all have lied, authors of the bible and the Koran, but that is not what my question.
    I'm trying to establish exactly at what point Muslims think Christians began altering the bible.
    Hence my question-was John a liar? Was it from the word go that Christians got it wrong or somewhere along the way...

As Christians, we believe God is the author of the bible so there were no mistakes made.
    Hence my question to Muslim posters-if Allah is the author of the Koran, why did he let it go pear shape?

And yes, I believe every word of the bible as truth from God. If I only believed some bits and not others I may as well chuck the whole book out.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Splendour wrote: »
    They could all have lied, authors of the bible and the Koran, but that is not what my question.
    I'm trying to establish exactly at what point Muslims think Christians began altering the bible.
    Hence my question-was John a liar? Was it from the word go that Christians got it wrong or somewhere along the way...

Im not sure at what point in history the difference was made. BUt basically according to Islam any bit in the bible that differs from the quran means that the bible was altered.
    As Christians, we believe God is the author of the bible so there were no mistakes made.
    Hence my question to Muslim posters-if Allah is the author of the Koran, why did he let it go pear shape?

In what sence is it pear shaped ?
    And yes, I believe every word of the bible as truth from God. If I only believed some bits and not others I may as well chuck the whole book out.

So, even the bits that call for Stoning and burning women for not being virgins in

Deut. 22:21
    Lev. 21:9

When I read these bits in the bible I have to ask myself are these the words of a god ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

DinoBot wrote: »
    In what sence is it pear shaped ?
    QUOTE]

To be honest DinoBot, I was hoping to get a response from a Mulim on this as I'm genuinely interested in their views.

I want to establish exactly WHEN Muslims think the bible was tampered with, or indeed if put they any emphsis at all on the bible as a book from God.

Do they accept that it was written 2 thousand years ago and then Allah appeared to Muhammad to rectify mistakes made and if they think this, THEN why would Allah/God let it go pear shaped.

Does that make better sense...?

Advertisement