Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commercial and private policy?

Options
  • 10-03-2008 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here have a car and van insured with the same company?

Someone mentioned in a thread a coupel of weeks back that they had a car and van with Hibernian and got a reduction ( I thought they mentioned somethign about getting the ncb allowance on both, but not being given 2 ncb's obviously the 2nd starts from 1 but the discount was for 5 or whatever) . I just rang hibernin and they only offer 5% off both policies if aken out together, but they were €300 more expensive than my current policy with Quiinn. That was for the van using my curent 4 years ncb, I'd have to start from fresh (with the 5% off) on the 2nd policy for the car.

I have a year as a named driver on the missus' car but starting with just that I'm looking at paying €950 on the car. I'm fooked ifI'm paying €1700 odd for a years insurance.

Anyone any suggestions for a company that will do both at a discount?

Was about to commit on a car then this has thrown a spanner in the works.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I pay 600 for my car policy with hibernian and 399 for my van policy with Britton insurance (Alinaz i think). Britton insurance said my policy would be 399 whether i used my NCB or had another car.

Axa are advertising something similar at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I know Hibernian used to do an offer where if you had a full bonus on a car they would automaically mirror the bonus if you get a van i.e you get 50 % on the van as well .

A good few companies now do this I believe , if you have a full bonus on a car you get a full bonus on a van.Eagle Star is another company that springs to mind.

Advertisement