Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J1 NY lfm

• 10-03-2008 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Lo everyone, as the title suggests, i'm heading over to ny on the j1 on the 6th of june till the 6th of september and i'm looking for some laid back ppl up for the craic to share with .The more the merrier :).anyone interested pm me or leave a comment here:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Hey , just a little update .There is two of us now and we are planning on staying in the queens area.Anyone who is interested drop a line here or send me a pm.Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Hey , just a little update .There is two of us now and we are planning on staying in the queens area.Anyone who is interested drop a line here or send me a pm.Cheers

Yo ,

I am heading over to NY at the start of June and staying until September 26th. I have a job arranged at IBM in Hawthorne (40 mins from Manhattan, upstate).

Im 27, male, quite chilled, would be looking for a place with parking and wireless!

Tell me more about u guys!

Thanks
    Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

orange.. i somehow think you wouldnt like the kind of living arangements of a J1 student they pretty much are as many people as can fit in the house to cheapin the rent for beer...

lucky im headin over too not sure exactly where we plan on living but as central as possibly queens though headin over may 27th and back to ireladn the 20th of august for graduaution but will be leavin ny a bit before that

Nutty wrote: »
    orange.. i somehow think you wouldnt like the kind of living arangements of a J1 student they pretty much are as many people as can fit in the house to cheapin the rent

Hey orange, the situation is basically as nutty put it, couldn't really guarantee wireless or parking either but if none of that bothers you then your more then welcome to join us :)

Nutty, just wondering how many of ye are heading over to Ny?

just myself and one other.. cant wait .. have to get this FYp outta the way firs

• Advertisement

Nutty wrote: »
    just myself and one other.. cant wait .. have to get this FYp outta the way firs

Luckily i don't have to worry about that myself just yet.Are ye looking for a place to move into straight away once ye get over or do ye plan on staying in a hostel first?

stayin in a hostel the first night im startin to keep an eye out for places on the likes of craigslist but im not overly worried wouldnt mind havin somewhere sorted and just finding more people to pack into it

lo Nutty, check your pm's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dufster

hey me and eadin to my 3 mates headin to ny for the summer.did u manage to get a house in queens?is it expensive?

Haven't anything sorted yet.The summer rentals only start to appear in april, may it seems.
    When are ye heading over?

• Advertisement
Advertisement