Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cubase Problem

Options
  • 10-03-2008 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Each time I record a new track (eg. vocals) the track is picking up the audio from the other tracks (the drums, bass and guitars) . When I play it back the vocal is nearly drowned out by drums, bass and guitars. This happens even when i use head phones. Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I don't know Cubase at all but at a guess I'd say you're rerecording everything on to your new track. So it's likely a routing issue.

When you solo your New track alone can you hear the vocal plus the backing track?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Which Cubase?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭brettzy

Are you using an audio interface or an onboard sound card??

If it is a sound card then I'd say it has something to do with it's own software or the windows mixer.

Also, if you are using cubase 4 then switch off "release ASIO in the backround" found in VST devices. That might solve it

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

Wow!
    I thought cubase was lagging behind a bit but didn't realize it had reverted to the old Les Paul "sound on sound" method.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lw8GXrISOS0&feature=related

Only joking!
    I don't know anything about cubase or asio drivers, but couldn't resist.
    Michael

PS in googling for the "sound on sound" video, I have accidentally found an amazing documentary about Les Paul. Great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 nsonline

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    I don't know Cubase at all but at a guess I'd say you're rerecording everything on to your new track. So it's likely a routing issue.

When you solo your New track alone can you hear the vocal plus the backing track?

yes thats what happens, is it the ASIO problem? Im new to home recording. It was working fine for a while and then the problem started. I probably switched something on or off without knowing what i was doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Right so,there's the problem....

Perhaps a Cubase user could sort this....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Im a base user, I think i had this problem a few years ago. Turned out to be the way it was recording from the desk or something. I highly doubt there is a software option for this. Kind of defeats the purpose?

Advertisement