Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obbsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD)

Options
  • 10-03-2008 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello

I currently have OCD and am wondering does anyone here have the same thing.
    I went to see my GP and he put me on Lexapro one week ago. They have not yet kicked in so I'm not sure how long they will take.
    I constantly have to count things and tap my foot on the floor twice before leavin/entering a room, I have to turn on light switches twice, I have to put things down 2-4 times or feel there will be consequences i.e something will happen to me or someone I know and it will be my fault. It sounds ridiculous I know but I feel I have to do it.
    I also have intrusive thoughts in my head all the time.

I hope the Lexapro kick in soon as I feel people are looking at me sometimes thinking "weirdo" lol

The cause of OCD is a lack of serotonin going to receptors in your brain. Lexapro is an SSRI which stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor which allow more Serotonin to reach the receptors and therefore cure OCD

Thanks for any help

Advertisement