Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 guitar on PC version?

Options
  • 10-03-2008 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭

Ok so my bro got guitar hero 3 for the PC. I have it for the PS3. Is it possible to get the PS3 controller working on the PC? I put the dongle into the USB port and it see's it and installs the driver yet, It just doesnt work when the game is on. I installed the sixaxis driver on the PC to see would that help but, no joy :(

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

I was trying to download a version of the PC GH3 a while back, was it a legit copy your bro got or did you download it? Luckily I've got acess to 6 guitars (yes 6!!) so I'm sure I can get one of them to work. Have you checked in the Windows Control Panel under game controllers to see if it's recognized there? And if so, what is it called? It may have just installed drivers for the wireless adapter that comes with the guitar, and not recognizing the guitar itself. Have you access to a wired GH Guitar? That should work a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

slimbun wrote: »
    I was trying to download a version of the PC GH3 a while back, was it a legit copy your bro got or did you download it? Luckily I've got acess to 6 guitars (yes 6!!) so I'm sure I can get one of them to work. Have you checked in the Windows Control Panel under game controllers to see if it's recognized there? And if so, what is it called? It may have just installed drivers for the wireless adapter that comes with the guitar, and not recognizing the guitar itself. Have you access to a wired GH Guitar? That should work a lot easier.

He downloaded it, I know he's a cheap git :D Yeah I checked myself under game controllers, calabrated it all the buttons are functioning correctly. I did try with my 360 wired xplorer guitar and worked fine. I have been browsing all over the web and alot a people are saying its pretty much plug and play. I don't understand how its not working:confused:

I really want woop my bro on 2 player though :)

Good to know the exporer worked fine, have 2 of them floating around! (Won one at a festival in Hungary last summer) Do you have a link to where he downloaded it, torrent or otherwise? I'll give it a go myself in a few mins with my rock band strat (which i think is similar enough), what version of windows are you using? Also does the PC version of GH work on a keyboard? If it does it should have an option to change the controller settings, you might have to find something in there for it to recognize the guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

slimbun wrote: »
    Good to know the exporer worked fine, have 2 of them floating around! (Won one at a festival in Hungary last summer) Do you have a link to where he downloaded it, torrent or otherwise? I'll give it a go myself in a few mins with my rock band strat (which i think is similar enough), what version of windows are you using? Also does the PC version of GH work on a keyboard? If it does it should have an option to change the controller settings, you might have to find something in there for it to recognize the guitar.

He's running vista. Yeah you can use the keyboard. The options for controller is just change the keys for the keyboard and the lefty flip.

I'm not sure what site he got it from but I know I bookmarked it on his computer,

EDIT found the site PM sent

Connected up Rock Band guitar, same as you really, windows recognized it, installed it and its working fully under game controllers. I dont have a GH game on the PC yet (will do when i can get all the files from rapid share so prob a few days time) so i'll let ya know how it works out then. Thanks for the PM too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hey mate,

The reason its not working is because GH3 only takes input from two things,

THe official Pc GH3 controller

or the mouse and keyboard.

Your Ps3 one is connecting to the pc fine, except its being considered a controller not a guitar.

Use something like this to set it so when you press the green button it thinks your pressing c on the keyboard(or whatever) and do this for all the buttons

EDIT: BTW , lads if i were ye i'd go editing your posts a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hey, does anyone know where to get guitar hero for the PC? I never see it in shops anywhere, really want it, great fun. Any help would be appreciated.

€70 including delivery on play.com , thats really cheap actually, might pick it up myself

BTW i have it, and its ridiculously demanding on your pc, my pc comfortable runs HL2 at max and it kinda struggles with this

€70 including delivery on play.com , thats really cheap actually, might pick it up myself

BTW i have it, and its ridiculously demanding on your pc, my pc comfortable runs HL2 at max and it kinda struggles with this

Many thanks to you for this! I shall be most grateful when I can buy it(by end of this week:D). This is gonna be fun, with exams coming up and all.

About this lag, it'll be the only gfame on my PC/laptop, so I'm hoping it wont be too bad. Also, read a comment there, t said if ya turn off the internet, the lag goes.

But anyway, thanks again, I'm buying it asap:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Yeah I was pretty surprised at the requirements,I can run it smoothly but it jumps when I activate star power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

i runs with barely any lag on my xps m1710 laptop with the res at 1280x800 and crowd at normal, everything else on high.

I find it runs better on the earlier levels where theres less crowd and less fancy stuff in general but it pretty much runs fine on all levels

Maybe its the fact my pc only has a single core processor, I'll be getting a new one soon enough though anyways. Never even though of turning down the crowd and sh1t, cheers, have my thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I have a 2.2ghz core 2 duo and a 512mb 8600gt.I can run it maxed out at full speed except for the odd time i use star power and whammy it.

Ok, cheers again there people, just ordered it now, so my college life is coming to a quick end now I fear!

Just oe other question, how long does delivery from Play.com take?

Hey guys, dunno if any of you will be interested in this but I tried it out for fun and it works pretty well. Putting customs songs into GH3!

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46187&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I got the PS3 Guitar working in the PC Guitar Hero as a Keyboard... I had to bind the keys, so no Whammy bar / star power tilt sensor...

I even emailed the people who ported it to PC and they said only the Xbox 360 Wired Guitar would work as it was ported from 360....

Seems like it would be pretty easy to support the PS3 guitar when Windows already detects it and all of its functions :(

Hey lads, finally got the game, so thats all good.

But there is a problem with the lag on it. Is there any way that this could be changed? I'll be using it more at my apartment on my laptop than at home aswell, so havent tried it there. Any help would be appreciated, cant even get 20% on first song on medium:eek:

I had the same problem on my laptop, make sure no programs are running int he background, change the resolution and all graphic details to 0 in the main menu options screen. That helped mine a good bit but it still lags when activating star power.

Advertisement