Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surfing in tramore

• 10-03-2008 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭

took a spin out around tramore and the guillamene earlier. a bunch of surfers were out at the pier. jumping off the pier, paddling out and surfing in past the storm wall. looked well impressive and they seemed to be fairly sheltered with decent sized waves. there was another fella paddled out from the beach opposite the surf shops and it must've taken him 20 mins to get out past the breaking waves. he was getting battered tbh. still though, he was surfing on 15 or 20 foot waves once he got out there. staunch

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ya I know one of the lads who went out there.. I think it was a good day for surfers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 truiYAH

please delete this post. surfing that place is dangerous and when people see this they will see how easy it is to surf there, eventually someone who is incapable of handling the waves will end up stuck under the cliff.
    but i also have to say that tramore bay has never been 15 - 20 foot thats just bull****.
    so don't pretend to know about it or advertise it when your cluelessness is obvious.

i'm sorry if i come across obnoxious but ask any true local surfer they will have the same opinion, been a few close calls tbh.:cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

truiYAH wrote: »
    please delete this post. surfing that place is dangerous and when people see this they will see how easy it is to surf there, eventually someone who is incapable of handling the waves will end up stuck under the cliff.
    but i also have to say that tramore bay has never been 15 - 20 foot thats just bull****.
    so don't pretend to know about it or advertise it when your cluelessness is obvious.

Topic stays. Its hardly telling people to "Put yourself at risk, go surf in a dangerous spot". If you have any further issues, please Report the post or contact me. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Its obvious that this spot isn't suited for beginners, doesn't mean it can't be discussed how impressive it looks when experienced surfers surf it on a stormy day such as the date of the opening post.

You'd want to be fairly thick to see this on a message board and go out to the pier on a day like that day and try to surf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

truiYAH wrote: »

i'm sorry if i come across obnoxious but ask any true local surfer they will have the same opinion, been a few close calls tbh.:cool:

listen up true local surfer, i never said i was an expert on surfing, i gave an account of what i saw and why would i lie about that? from where i was watching on the prom i could see a fella dwarfed by the waves. i took an estimate, measuring the chap on the board against the waves. this was at the height of those storms too when half the country got battered by massive waves. so lose the cocky prick tone to your reply. maybe if you really were a true local surfer you would've been around to see it, cos to be honest you sound a bit like one of those types who thinks because he wears a ripcurl t shirt he's gods gift to the waves. blah blah blah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

longshanks wrote: »
    took a spin out around tramore and the guillamene earlier. a bunch of surfers were out at the pier. jumping off the pier, paddling out and surfing in past the storm wall. looked well impressive and they seemed to be fairly sheltered with decent sized waves. there was another fella paddled out from the beach opposite the surf shops and it must've taken him 20 mins to get out past the breaking waves. he was getting battered tbh. still though, he was surfing on 15 or 20 foot waves once he got out there. staunch

in fairness after reading this post i was just on the way to the surf board shop to try it out, lucky i scrolled down in time to be warned about your blatently dangerous suggestion...

....nah :p

Advertisement