Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sit located over 100 yards from nearest road

• 10-03-2008 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

guys, all the advice on here has been brilliant so far so maybe I can keep picking your brains a little longer!!

the site i am looking to build on is a good distance in from an existing passage which is used by a neighbour. Its approx 100 yards in.

the site has a house already on it, which may have to be pulled down as its so old. there is a field between this house and the nearest road/passage (my family own this field)

will the fact that the site is so far in cause a problem with planners?

i've attached some maps and images so you can see for yourselves.

On the map.gif I've attached,
    1) is the site of the house and where I hope to build / rebuild
    2) is where I currently live
    3) is a T junction and I've attached a pic to show the view to the site from there... its off in the distance (again over 100 yeards away), between two large trees
    4) is where I hope to put in a new passage and lead over to the house I want to work with. (again pic attached)

i've attached gifs for you guys to visualise items 3 and 4.

am I going to get hassle from the planners because my site is so far in from the existing roads and passages?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

clovers wrote: »
    guys, all the advice on here has been brilliant so far so maybe I can keep picking your brains a little longer!!

the site i am looking to build on is a good distance in from an existing passage which is used by a neighbour. Its approx 100 yards in.

the site has a house already on it, which may have to be pulled down as its so old. there is a field between this house and the nearest road/passage (my family own this field)

will the fact that the site is so far in cause a problem with planners?

i've attached some maps and images so you can see for yourselves.

On the map.gif I've attached,
    1) is the site of the house and where I hope to build / rebuild
    2) is where I currently live
    3) is a T junction and I've attached a pic to show the view to the site from there... its off in the distance (again over 100 yeards away), between two large trees
    4) is where I hope to put in a new passage and lead over to the house I want to work with. (again pic attached)

i've attached gifs for you guys to visualise items 3 and 4.

am I going to get hassle from the planners because my site is so far in from the existing roads and passages?

Hi There,

My house is currently under construction. Its 350m from the nearest road. I can't see the planners giving you any hassle, but a good idea might be to go to a pre planning meeting with them and they will tell you the rights and wrongs. The only problem will be the cost of constructing the road - mine cost €10,000 in stone and €2000, for excavator hire. This was just to get the road to a level that it will carry lorries for the construction of the house. Once the house is built, I'll have to spend at least another €5000 on making the road passable for cars.

Hope this was helpful.

Daniel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

My house under construction is 400m from the public road. That fact did not hurt for planning,but you will have all the usual .Good advice to have planning meeting even though they will be non committal.
    Site Plan 1_1000 .pdf

Advertisement