Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD recorder/HDMI 1080p upscaler

Options
  • 10-03-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but seemed like the most applicable to me. Does anyone know of any dvd recorders with a HDMI interface that will upscale dvd's to 1080p around the €200 area?

It doesnt need to have a built in HDD as i have sky+ for that. I could prolly also do without 1080p support if needs be and settle with 720p/1080i.

Also would it be feasible to get an amp w/ 5.1 speakers in the future and be able to hook it up?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

You might be interested in this:

www.popcornhour.com

Lot of hype about it - a lot cheaper than similar types of hardware - has HDMI output - 220 dollars including shipping

There is a lot of hype about, but a queue system to even order it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

looks pretty cool alright but i still need that dvd upscaler as i have a fairly extensive collection

Advertisement