Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting a triple rad in a TJ07

• 10-03-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just out of curiosity does anyone know a decent method for securing a pa120.3 in the bottom of the TJ07? do people generally screw it down or build brackets? or are they less technical and do they use double sided tape?

I'm wondering the same about what vadim do with their lian li cases

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ive seen brackets, screwed into it and taped to the floor. A bracket with anti vibration is the best idea to remove vibration from the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Anti wrote: »
    Ive seen brackets, screwed into it and taped to the floor. A bracket with anti vibration is the best idea to remove vibration from the fans.

instead of having to fabricate your own brackets is there anything already available? and quick question what happened to your Q6600 G0? any progress on the new build?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

My g0 died a few weeks ago when pushing a x48, and my b3 died last night too :( Its only showing 2 cores in the post and bios. Am gonna try it in another pc to see what the story is with it. But not much progress on the rig yet, still trying to find all the components as no one shop has them all in stock :/

As for the brackets, you should be able to go into woodies or similar and picl up 2/4 L brackets, personally i would spot weld/tack the bracket onto the rad, and then bolt it into the floor of the case. But you can also fit a 120.3 into the roof of the case with a bit of dremel work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Anti wrote: »
    My g0 died a few weeks ago when pushing a x48, and my b3 died last night too :( Its only showing 2 cores in the post and bios. Am gonna try it in another pc to see what the story is with it. But not much progress on the rig yet, still trying to find all the components as no one shop has them all in stock :/

As for the brackets, you should be able to go into woodies or similar and picl up 2/4 L brackets, personally i would spot weld/tack the bracket onto the rad, and then bolt it into the floor of the case. But you can also fit a 120.3 into the roof of the case with a bit of dremel work.

thats tough about the b3 but hopefully it'll work in another board:) thats what i kinda thought you'd do in the tj07 and i'm considering going all out come later on this year on a dual maybe tri loop but going to save and see.
    How did you get the sponsorship off OCUK?

Advertisement