Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf MK4 Alloys

Options
  • 10-03-2008 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

lot of mk4 topics recently, said i'd add to it! :D But ya, i'm lookin at changing the alloys on my MK4, have 17" OZ's at the moment. Nice but not what i want. Sort of "euro'ing" it at the moment. Debadged the back already, mesh grill. Will lower it once i have the alloys. I'm lookin for BBS deep dish alloys or something along the lines of these Inovit ones:

267c_1.JPG

My problem is i dont really have a clue about the fittings. Like for instance, the above photo is described as having "8JX18" ET35 5X100". Now i have no idea what that means and i have no idea what my own is.. What i do know is that i need 5 studded alloys, but they all seem to have different settings. How do i know the right type, apart from obviously lookin like a gowl asking the guy in the shop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 StingRay87

Golf mk4's usually have a 100mm x 5 fitment!! basically its the distance between the studs! so you need to watch out for that! I have 17" audi rs6 alloys for sale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

"8JX18" ET35 5X100".

this means the wheel is 8 inches wide ie on the road and the rim has an 18" diameter. the et part is the offset of the wheel and that means how far in or out it is from the arch. et35 is perfect for the mk4 and 5x100 is the right stud measurement.

just watch out for the 5x112 alloys they wont fit your hubs without adapters.

look for bbs rc in a 18x8or 7.5, my favourite wheel for the car, bit pricey mind

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Sound advice but i think the man got sorted with wheels,I would agree with you on RCs but then i would see sig :D

Advertisement