Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another advise please, re Mgt Agent, thread

Options
  • 06-11-2008 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭

I bought in a small apartment complex, 22 apts in 2 * 11 apt blocks, 1.5 years ago; Now when we bought there was the 1st 6 months of the mgt fee pre paid to us;
    We only got our bill for 1 June 07 to 31 May 08 in January (strange?)
    The agents do very little around the place anything that has been done, painting etc, has only been as a result of me personally making complaints to the agent; We have a caretaker who does no where near the 10 hours a wek he is supposed to do and the common garden is in a bad state with loads of old rubbish under the shrubs;

I have a number of issues that I will be bringing up at the agm this week; however the issues start here, The Mgt Agent appears to be entrusted to sort out the AGM and as such has organized it at 6pm in City center which is not convenient to most owners; So I reckon they will not be able to answer most of the questions that I put to them;

To remove the agent do I need to organize an EGM of company members or just to petition the Directors to make the changes for the company;

I have a strange feeling that when they were built 1st (12 yrs ago) the agent would have organized a long term agreement with the company to keep them in for years, if this is so would the company have to be dissolved and re-started or maybe run as a residents association instead;

Also final question; In our breakdown of charges laid out by the agent they have charges for the inspection of fire alarms, there is no communal fire alarms between the apartments in either block; Is this illegal not to have some sort of fire alarm?

Thanks in advance
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement